Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Now that you've decided to use vinyl siding in your construction project, it's time to take a good look at how to install it properly. Unfortunately, there are several areas where you can easily make a mistake and mess up your installation. By keeping these tips in mind when you're ready to put your vinyl up, you'll get professional results without any amateur mistakes.
10 Mistakes When Installing Vinyl Siding
Not upgrading when you have the chance. This is the first and worst mistake you can make in your vinyl siding installation. By skimping on your materials, you often end up with a thin, low-quality vinyl that can sag between fasteners, is pulled off the wall in high winds or can crack, fade or otherwise not look great for very long.
No foam behind the siding. This can even be a 1/4" fan-folded foam that provides a little extra cushion for your siding, protecting it from smaller impacts. True story: a friend was hosting an archery event at his home and they were trying out the new bird blunts they'd received. His vinyl siding was slapped on directly over the OSB and had no give in it, so when an arrow missed the backstop, it punched a perfectly round, quarter-sized hole in his siding.
No expansion room or nailing too tightly. If you're installing in cool temperatures, remember the vinyl expands when summer's heat is on. Most installers will leave 1/4" of expansion room when installing in cooler temperatures, or even 3/8" when the mercury dips below 40 degrees. You'll also need to remember to leave about 1/32" of space between the bottom of the nail head and the top of the siding, so the siding is able to slide as it expands and contracts.
Not nailing it down often enough. Much like using a thin siding, not nailing the vinyl down often enough can lead to sagging, especially when it gets hot out. Vinyl siding has become so easy to install, it's easy to skimp in the steps.
Employing the power washer. Though you won't usually damage the vinyl using pressure to clean it, a power washer will drive water up behind the siding. This trapped water can cause moisture and mold or mildew problems in your home, so keep the pressure off when it's time for your final clean up.
Too much overlap at joints. If a little overlap is okay, a lot is better, right? Not when you're dealing with vinyl siding. The industry standard is 1-1.25" of overlap, but if you go too far over that measurement, it can actually restrict movement when the siding expands. That binding can make the siding get a wavy appearance.
Using short pieces. Many manufacturers now offer vinyl siding in longer lengths, including 16' and 20' pieces. By using longer pieces, you can reduce how many seams you have in your installation. Fewer seams mean fewer places for water to leak through and a neater overall appearance.
Not reusing small pieces. You can greatly reduce your project expenses by planning your order around your smaller spaces. Do you have an 8' section of wall followed by a window, a 4' wall space and a door? Order 12' pieces and cut them into 8' and 4' sections instead of spending more on multiple 8' pieces.
Not staggering your seams. When you're installing your vinyl siding, it's easy to get into a rhythm and stack your seams one on top of another. Make sure you stagger your seams whenever possible to avoid creating obvious seams.
Going easy on the flashing. Vinyl siding is only water-resistant, not water-tight. It's important to get enough flashing at roof edges, windows, doors and problem areas to prevent problems.
Keep these tips in mind when you're installing siding and you'll have great results. At Wallboard Supply Company, we've been helping our customers for over 40 years and are here to help with your construction problems. Please feel free to contact us with questions, to place an order or to schedule a delivery to your worksite.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.