Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
As the popularity of the LEED certification program becomes more popular and our society becomes more green, some really amazing buildings have been created that convey those values. But even among the many exceptional designs constructed every year, there are a few that go above and beyond to prove that not only is green living economical, but it's beautiful as well. Here are the top ten green buildings constructed in North America in 2015 that made the AIA Committee on the Environment's top ten list:
1. Federal Center South Building 1202 - Seattle, Washington
This 209,000 square foot building for the Army Corps of Engineers had several challenges to overcome. Construction involved a series of tightly-packed fast-track phases, meeting an absolute minimum of LEED Gold Certified requirements and incorporating contractually-bound minimum performance ratings.
This LEED Platinum structure provides 174,300 square feet of metallurgical testing and research lab space. The project sought a 70% reduction in energy consumption, very ambitious given the location and sheer square footage of the design. It incorporates in-slab radiant heat, displacement ventilation and solar power to meet the goal.
3. Collaborative Life Sciences Building - Portland, Oregon
With the price of real estate in Portland, maximizing the space in this building was vital to its success as a teaching and research space. It incorporated a brownfield site, reducing the impact to the local environment, and incorporated a roof that significantly reduced stormwater runoff. It's one of only two Platinum-certified structures over half a million square feet in the US.
4. E+ // 226-232 Highland Street Townhouses - Boston, Massachusetts
When it comes to a green living space that has all the amenities of the city, these townhomes provide excellent options. The four townhomes in this project, each at 1,850 square feet and three stories, provide three bedrooms, two and a half baths, easy access to public transportation and an awesome backyard to enjoy.
5. Hughes Warehouse Adaptive Reuse - San Antonio, Texas
This project involved the creative repurposing of an early 20th century plumbing warehouse into studio space. Though there was some challenge in maintaining the open feel of the warehouse and the 18 foot ceilings, a 1,500 square foot courtyard was added to increase green space in the location as well as providing a great opportunity for floor to ceiling windows for excellent daylighting options.
6. Military Medical Hospital - San Antonio, Texas
As one of the nation's top military hospitals, San Antonio's Military Medical Hospital needed a serious addition in space. This 750,000 square foot space delivers that but also provides great green construction. It provides a solar orientation to prevent solar heat gain while incorporating design elements from the existing brick structure without making the space overwhelming.
7. New Orleans BioInnovation Center - New Orleans, Louisiana
As a location for biotech startups, this lab and research center provides easy access to public transportation, the French Quarter, the Treme neighborhood and several downtown college campuses. Careful design provides the same performance at 1/3 the energy of a similar structure.
8. Sweetwater Spectrum Community - Sonoma, California
A community for adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, the community was designed with the needs of that population in mind. Features were added to improving energy efficiency, incorporating a lot of green spaces, acoustic control and thermal comfort to reduce external stimuli that often cause emotional upset for those with the disorder.
9. Tassafaronga Village - Oakland, California
Formerly a 7.5 acre brownfield site with poorly-maintained public housing, the village takes a unique approach to construction, incorporating heavy timber with concrete and steel elements. It adds nearly 180 new residential units for low-income families while maintaining a strong energy-efficient operation.
10. The Bullitt Center - Seattle, Washington
Designed to meet the requirements of the Living Building Challenge, this 52,000 square foot office building spreads out green construction on six floors. Each design element was carefully considered, using metrics to provide a forecast of future performance while creating a self-sustaining, zero impact building.
11. University Center – The New School - New York City, New York
Packing 400,000 square feet of studios, academic space and residential living into New York City isn't easy, but the New School does it with grace and amazing efficiency. Thermal energy storage was developed to reduce the impact on the city's power grid while a 13,500 square foot green roof prevents runoff while providing wildlife habitat and green spaces for students and faculty alike.
These amazing buildings have a lot to offer, especially as inspiration for future projects. Are you considering pursuing a LEED Accredited Professional Certification? Sign up today to get our free guide to the LEED AP process or contact us with any questions you have about green products for your next environmentally friendly project.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.