Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Air barrier, vapor barrier - though the terms are often used interchangeably, they're actually responsible for very different tasks on a work site. Using the right product can mean a huge difference between a successful job and one that is plagued with mold, mildew and moisture problems. In this post, we'll discuss the differences between air and vapor barriers and why it's important to know and the differences on your work site.
An air barrier does exactly what it says it does - it blocks air leakage both out of and into the building envelope. Air leakage on a completed structure often ends up being a much more significant problem than the architect and engineers anticipated in their design, with a variety of materials used in the past as air barriers often falling far short of what was intended for the project. Building felt, blocks of concrete, different building wraps and gypsum drywall were all believed to be good air barriers in the past, but can actually allow significant amounts of air into the building envelope, so a better solution was needed.
Because warm, humid air carries significant amounts of water vapor along with it as it enters or exits the building envelope, air barriers often block the majority of moisture that can come into the structure. Air barriers can include building wraps that are nailed down, sprayable membranes, brushed- or rolled-on sealant materials, insulating foam boards, non-insulating boards, polyurethane spray foam, cast concrete, a wide variety of metals, glass, and many other building materials.
In addition to air leakage, you also need to deal with air permeance. Air permeance refers to the amount of air that actually goes through a material, rather than taking advantage of holes or gaps. A material with an air permeance that is below 0.02 L/(s·m²) at a 75 Pa (0.004 cfm/ft2 at a pressure difference of 1.56 lb/ft2) pressure difference when it is tested under ASTM E 2178 meets air barrier standards. A material with a higher air permeance may not meet your client's needs and will need to be considered carefully for sealants and similar products.
By comparison, a vapor barrier lowers how much water vapor can diffuse through wall materials due to a gradient of different vapor pressures. Air leakage is responsible for moving the majority of the moisture into a building. Because of this, a vapor barrier often isn't nearly as vital to a building's health as a solid air barrier proves to be in many cases.
A vapor barrier blocks or at least slows down the movement of water vapor through the material itself, rather than being carried in through holes and gaps. Vapor barriers are placed on the side of a building's insulation that is more often in contact with warmth, whether from a hot exterior or a hot interior. Because water vapor condenses out of the air at cooler temperatures, keeping the warm, moist air, and specifically water vapor, away from a colder space is vital to preventing mold, mildew and moisture problems in your structure.
Vapor barriers come in similar formulations to those seen as air barriers, but the thickness of the material also makes a big difference with regards to how much moisture can diffuse through the material, with thicker material blocking more of the air and vapor from transmitting through the material. The transmission of water vapor through material is measured and the calculation of the vapor permeance is the end result. Testing using ASTM E96 provides measurement of how much water vapor diffuses through a material.
To properly integrate materials correctly in constructing a building, designers have to understand how the materials' properties will intersect with their design to create a successful structure. At Wallboard Supply Company, we're happy to provide a variety of materials and a highly-experienced team to help meet your construction needs. Contact us today for more details on vapor and air barriers, to get a quote or to schedule a delivery.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.