Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
As construction costs escalate, contractors are considering alternative cost-effective framing options to better control their budgets and avoid the downsides to traditional framing products. Those builders focused on environmentally-friendly products and processes also consider some choices that fit a "going green" action plan.
Becoming familiar with alternative materials helps contractors accurately assess the pros and cons of using traditional products versus the benefits and downsides of using other products or methods. Even those contractors that decide using more traditional materials is the best choice for their projects, are ahead of the curve by understanding other options, even if they reject their use.
While price remains a key factor, current local building codes sometimes are more "friendly" to the use of alternative materials. Contractors considering these options have done their "homework" properly, regardless of their decision to use or discard other framing choices.
Among some of the more popular options are the following alternative framing materials.
Used in residential framing since the 1800s, cold-formed steel (CFS) is a solid alternative in stick built home construction. Currently produced from recycled steel coming from other buildings or old vehicles, CFS is a sturdy, cost-effective material.
According to the Steel Framing Alliance, CFS also offers another advantage. Typically, there is little waste (around two percent) as compared to classic wood studs, which often include waste up to 20 percent.
This alternative framing material often remains undiscovered by many contractors. This material is made when baled straw is covered with stucco. Although it looks like most stucco or adobe buildings, this alternative is very cost-effective.
Made from leftover wheat stalks, oats or other grains after they've been harvested, this straw is amazingly inexpensive and easy to find. Since it requires no costly processing, it is easy to find, transport and very budget-friendly.
This material is a good alternative for a couple of good reasons.
Logs reduce the cost per square foot of traditional wood studs because they need no extensive processing.
Logs as framing material reduce the volume of other items to build a home or other structure, since traditional siding, drywall and costly insulation are unnecessary.
Plentiful in some parts of the country, logs can be an excellent alternative framing material, with a totally different "look and feel" from other more traditional construction materials. While not for everyone, using logs make a striking statement for individual owners, while cutting framing and other construction material costs.
Many Recycled Materials
Recycled wood or other materials can be perfect for framing. Since framing, after installation and covering, becomes invisible. Therefore, materials that were former shipping crates or similar objects, can be ideal alternative framing materials.
Items like these examples can be good options, because of their strength (they were strong enough to survive long shipping voyages, keeping their contents intact) and their low cost. For example, shipping crates, when disassembled, have little future purpose, need little processing and plentiful, are very budget-friendly.
Diverse recycled materials can be excellent alternatives to traditional framing materials, as long as they deliver strength, durability and low cost. Although recycled materials are not always readily available to every contractor, the extra time it takes to investigate these options can save many construction dollars, possibly offering builders higher bottom lines.
When New England contractors want the best products and service, they often choose Wallboard Supply Company. With locations around the six-state region, Wallboard Supply Company offers convenience as well as prompt delivery.
Serving New England contractors since 1970, our family owned business maintains its commitment to provide builders with quality products, for both framing and finishing, combined with outstanding customer service. Although we've grown over the last 40+ years, our mission and commitment to contractors in New England has never wavered.
Give us a call or drop in to one of our New England locations to learn more about the numerous ways we can help you build better homes and save money. Our experts can also answer your questions, concerns and offer valuable advice and counsel.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.