Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
The vast majority of homes in the United States use asphalt as the basis for a watertight roofing system. Asphalt, also known as bitumen, is a petroleum product in a very thick or semi-solid form that is either from natural deposits or refined into a purer product. It's used in a wide range of roofing products, often offering a confusing array of options. Here's more information to help you choose the best option for your project.
Shingles can be easier to apply because they're in smaller pieces. This is especially true in windy conditions, where roll roofing can catch the wind and be difficult to handle. They're also easier to replace if you have storm damage.
Fiberglass Versus Organic Shingles
This refers to the mats that the asphalt is embedded into. Organic shingles use a rag mat that requires about 40% more asphalt to hold the shingle together, making them heavier. Fiberglass shingles, by comparison, have a higher fire rating and are the choice of most homeowners and roofers today.
Three-Tab Versus Architectural Shingles
Three-tab shingles have three separate tabs on the bottom of each shingle. Because they're layered over half of the preceding row, the solid part on the top is not visible, making them look like individual pieces on the rooftop. By comparison, architectural shingles have a separate raised portion where an additional layer of asphalt creates a multi-dimensional appearance.
Style, Color and Durability
Asphalt shingles are available in a number of different styles that have highly varied appearance, a wide range of colors and a range of expected lifespans. From basic neutral tones with a short warranty period to strong styles in almost any color and with long warranties, asphalt shingles provide a wide range of products to meet the needs of almost any product.
Asphalt Roll Roofing
By comparison, roll roofing is in one continuous sheet and can be quickly laid down and fastened, providing a fast option to get your project done. It doesn't provide the versatility of asphalt shingles, but does have some different options available.
Single Versus Double Coverage
Lighter weight roll roofing requires a double layer to ensure it won't leak, while heavier weight roll roofing provides coverage in a single layer. Depending on your situation and the capabilities of your crew, you may find the lightweight double layer roofing easier to maneuver while the heavier single layer roofing gets the job done faster and with lower man-hours.
Type of Fiber
Much like asphalt shingles, roll roofing has different types of matting integrated into it that affects how long it will last. Rag matting has the lowest lifespan, while fiberglass has the highest lifespan, much like asphalt shingles. But roll roofing also has a mid-level matting that uses plastic as its base, which creates an economical option that provides a longer lifespan than cheaper options.
Natural Versus Modified Bitumen
Natural bitumen is less expensive and requires fewer inputs because it doesn't require refinement, but it gets stiff and hard in winter and doesn't hold up as well, cracking over time. By comparison, modified bitumen will deal better with a range of weather conditions and ages better, but typically has a higher up front cost.
Self-Adhesive, Uncoated or Torchable
Click image to enlarge
The next area where roll roofing diverges is how it sticks to the roof. Uncoated roll roofing is the least expensive, but requires additional steps to fasten it down to your roofing deck. Self-adhesive roll roofing is much simpler to apply, typically by simply removing a backing paper and applying it to the roof decking, where it remains. Torchable roll roofing requires taking a torch to melt the sheet and allows it to stick to the roof decking, creating a strong bond.
With all these options available in asphalt roofing materials, you're sure to find something that will work perfectly for your project. If you're in need of more information before making a decision download our Roofing Comparison Guide below. It will help you determine what you need for your project.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.