Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Although drywall manufacturers are not known for constant innovation, they do occasionally come out with something that makes builders stand up and take notice. The growing concern with mold and its potential health hazards in recent years has led drywall companies to come up with a solution to the problem in housing construction – mold resistant drywall. For areas of the home where moisture might be an issue, this type of specialty drywall could be just what you need tostop mold before it starts.
Mold in the Home
Mold is always around, even when we can't see it. The spores are everywhere and there is no hope of eliminating all of them. Luckily most of the time this isn't an issue. The problems only begin when enough moisture starts to accumulate in the home, creating an ideal environment for the mold.
The big stories in the news have been about the dreaded “black mold” or “toxic mold.” In truth a number of different molds can be black and while some of them produce toxins, it has yet to be proven that they cause major health problems. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a page all about mold in the home, where they explain it's dangers – typically hay fever like symptoms in people that happen to be allergic – and how to get rid of it.
But, while the fears surrounding mold may possibly be overblown, you can still bet that no one wants the stuff in their home if they can help it. Mold growth can cause allergic reactions in certain people and the presence of mold can definitely make it more difficult to sell a house. Whether the owner has an allergy or not, they will still want to remove the mold – a process that could require a mold remediation company if it's bad enough. This is why specialty building materials like mold resistant drywall can come in real handy.
How Mold Resistant Drywall Works
Drywall hasn’t' changed much over the years because it works great as it is for most applications. A layer of gypsum sandwiched between two layers of paper, it is a must-have material for building a home. The only problem is that it doesn't do well with moisture. Mold spores can start feeding off of the paper and even the inner gypsum layer, meaning you have to tear out the drywall and replace it if the infestation gets too bad.
Mold resistant drywall is made in two different ways:
Laminated – This type of specialty drywall is designed to stop the problem where it starts, at the surface. Still using a gypsum core, manufacturers use a fiberglass mat on front and back that will repel water from the inner gypsum. The gypsum used in these boards is also water resistant, unlike that used in regular drywall.
Uniform Composition – These drywall boards dispense with mats altogether, instead opting for a uniform water-resistant material throughout. They can be painted or tiled as needed.
Advantages to Mold Resistant Drywall
The advantages to choosing this type of specialty drywall are fairly obvious. When you have an area of a home that is likely to be exposed to moisture, using mold resistant drywall can help prevent the growth of mold. This could be applicable in several parts of a home, including:
The cost of mold-resistant drywall will be higher than the traditional stuff. However, when you consider the fact that the material could hold up much longer in moist environments its cost may be justified. The humid New England climate is great for growing mold, especially in those areas of the house that area already prone to moisture accumulation.
Get Expert Advice
There are a number of different companies now producing mold resistant drywall. If you want to learn about all of your options and get expert advice on what works best for your specific project, call or come by Wallboard Supply Co. and talk with one of our specialty drywall professionals. Providing drywall delivery to Boston and throughout New England, we know our products inside and out and would be happy to answer all of your questions.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.