Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Moisture presents a significant problem for building contractors working in the New England area. The wet climate leaves both commercial and residential buildings susceptible to a wide array of problems, including poor energy efficiency, mold and structural damage. These issues can be addressed with a construction approach that emphasizes moisture control. Such a strategy must be well-rounded, taking the grade of the property, the potential drainage and the appropriate building materials into account. With a little extra planning and an investment in moisture-resistant materials, the potential for climate-related damage can easily be minimized.
Polythylene And Drainage For Foundation Moisture Control
Wet climate drywall and flooring may require adjustments for climate, but ultimately, the most important area to address is the structure's foundation. Although seemingly sound when first built,time, a New England structure's foundation can quickly become susceptible to damage as a result of constant exposure to moisture and soil gases. Vapor control for foundation slabs can be accomplished with the simple addition of polythylene sheeting which, in addition to offering moisture protection, will keep termites at bay. Ideally, the polythylene sheeting will cover the entirety of the slab, as well as the full exterior face of the grade beam. Wooden building materials should not touch soil, as this will hasten any potential damage brought on by moisture.
In addition to polythylene sheeting barriers, additional steps may need to be taken to ensure proper drainage, particularly for below-grade portions of a structure's foundation. The earth should be sloped away from the structure on a modest grade, with drainage swales created so as to carry away rainwater. Hills are plentiful in New England, so most contractors can expect to work with sufficiently graded land. However, for flat areas, a similar effect can be created with the help of a slab built above the grade. Although this approach will necessitate the use of steps in order to enter the building, it will ultimately ensure that the foundation remains dry.
Moisture And Mold-Resistant Drywall
Affordable and versatile, drywall continues to be a very popular building material in the New England area. Unfortunately, without the help of special treatments, standard drywall may be susceptible to moisture-related damage or even mold. Both of these potential problems can easily be avoided with the use of treated drywall.
Mold and moisture-resistant drywall are not one and the same; as such, it is important to carefully consider the chief concerns surrounding a structure before making a choice. Although these types of drywall are usually purchased separately, some suppliers include aspects of both mold and moisture-resistance in their drywall products, making them ideal for wet New England climates.
Moisture-resistant drywall is marked by the presence of special coatings designed to keep moisture from permeating the drywall's surface. Mold-resistant drywall replaces the standard paper backing with fiberglass mats. A coating similar to that used in moisture-resistant drywall may also be included. The lack of paper backing removes the organic materials on which mold feeds. Although this approach can be quite effective for keeping mold at bay, it should also be accompanied by proper ventilation and other mold-inhibiting practices.
Greenboard As An Alternative To Mold And Moisture-Resistant Drywall
Although moisture-resistant drywall is the top choice among most building contractors and project managers, greenboard may be a viable alternative for projects with limited budgets. While mold-resistant takes paper backing completely out of the equation, greenboard utilizes a special paper covering designed to resist moisture. The paper backing has a light green tint, which explains this specialty drywall product's unique name. Greenboard is definitely not water-proof and thus, is best used in areas prone to slight dampness, as opposed to direct exposure to water.
The constant presence of moisture creates a number of challenges for New England based building contractors, but fortunately, these can be addressed with targeted drainage tactics, as well as materials specifically designed to resist both mold and moisture. The inclusion of moisture-resistant materials and techniques will ultimately result in a structure that is durable, comfortable and most importantly, safe.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.