Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Gypsum board is one of the best fire-resistive building materials available. Gypsum board is fire resistant because it has a noncombustible core containing almost 21 percent of chemically combined water. Under high heat, this chemically combined water releases into the air as steam.
Under typical atmospheric pressure, steam does not exceed 212 degrees Fahrenheit, which is why this characteristic of gypsum board effectively halts the transfer of heat and keeps the fire from spreading any further. Once all the water releases as steam, the gypsum board continues to serve as a heat barrier. Tests also show that gypsum board has a low smoke-density index and low flame-spread index.
Gypsum board offers both durability and stability. Walls and ceilings constructed of gypsum board are strong and offer outstanding dimensional stability, as well as durability. The surfaces that are created using gypsum boards are easy to refinish and decorate.
Gypsum board prevents the transfer of sound from one area to another. For example, this soundproofing is especially helpful in cases where a building houses numerous office spaces adjacent to a physical therapy facility. Gypsum board effectively controls the transmission of sound when used for the construction of the walls and ceilings in a building
Gypsum board is an economical choice for wall surfacing. Because gypsum board is easy to install, labor costs associated with its installation are significantly lower than the labor costs associated with the majority of alternate systems.
Several characteristics make gypsum boards easy to install:
When compared to other building materials in the same category, gypsum board panels are fairly large. Panels are available in 48” and 54” wide sheets with lengths of 8’, 10’ or 12’. These large panels allow for quick coverage of walls and ceilings.
When installing gypsum board, very few tools are needed. A variety of saws or a utility knife can quickly cut gypsum board. Attaching gypsum board is also easy.
This lightweight material can be installed using an assortment of fasteners, including:
Due to the lightweight characteristic of gypsum board panels, just two gypsum board installers are necessary to complete a job.
Finishing a gypsum board is easy, only requiring some hand tools or somewhat modest machines.
Gypsum board can be used for a variety of architectural designs. Its availability, performance, ease of application and ability to adapt to any form of decoration make gypsum board one of the top surfacing products available on the market.
New technologies continue to develop gypsum board products to satisfy specific applications. A variety of gypsum board products are designed for use with specific applications.
These specially designed products include gypsum board as a:
Base for plastic, ceramic and metal tile on walls and ceilings.
Surface layer for interior ceilings.
Surface layer for interior walls.
Fire wall separator between residential/commercial units.
Fire-resistant layer for structural elements.
Base for veneer plaster.
The standard sizes of gypsum boards are 48” wide by 8’, 10’, 12’ or 14’ in length. The 48” width is well suited for use with standard framing methods.
Various Thicknesses of Gypsum Board are Available
The thickness of the gypsum board typically determines its use:
3/4” and 1” thick gypsum boards are used in the construction of stairwells, shaft walls, interior partitions, corridor ceilings and area separation firewalls.
5/8” thick gypsum board is used in quality single- and double-layer systems. The additional thickness offers higher rigidity, better resistance to impact and extra resistance to fire.
1/2” thick board is used in a single layer for ceilings and walls in residential work, whereas double-layer systems are used to provide greater fire ratings and sound barriers.
The 3/8” thick gypsum board is usually applied over wood framing in a double-layer system. This thickness is also ideal as a face layer when remodeling or repairing interior walls and ceilings.
Gypsum board that is 5/16” thick is a specialty product. This thickness is primarily used during the production of manufactured housing. A modified version of this thickness is also used in the construction of special sound control panels.
The 1/4” thick gypsum board serves as the base in a multiple layer application aimed to improve sound control. The 1/4” thick gypsum board is also used to cover existing ceilings and walls, as well as when remodeling and creating curved surfaces.
At the Wallboard Supply Company, we know how important each project is to our clients. Whether a customer needs to ask a question or place an order, our staff members dedicate themselves to assisting our customers in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
The Wallboard Supply Company has several locations throughout New England. If you are about to start a new project or need to complete a work in progress, contact the Wallboard Supply Company today, we are happy to help.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.