Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Acoustic insulation is an important consideration when choosing construction materials. It provides a more comfortable environment in the home and a more productive atmosphere in the workplace. Therefore, acoustical insulation plays a vital role in both residential and commercial construction. Since sound has the ability to travel through a variety of mediums, the type of materials used will vary depending on the application. Building codes often stipulate that construction materials meet specific criteria for sound control. It’s essential tounderstand the properties of the materials prior to requesting an acoustic insulation delivery.
Sound Reduction Index (R)
Acoustic insulation materials are tested and assigned a variety of indexes that define their ability to absorb sound. One of the most common is the Sound Reduction Index (R). The value is derived in a laboratory environment where the noise level is known and is expressed in decibels (dB). The higher the index, the greater the sound absorption properties demonstrated by the material.
Sound Transmission Class (STC)
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) developed testing to determine the ability of building constructs such as walls, doors and ceilings to reduce sound. The loss of sound transmission is determined over a range of frequencies from 125 Hz to 4000 Hz. These values are reasonably accurate for vocal sound but much less so for frequencies below 125 Hz such as noise from traffic, aircraft or music. STC values range from 25 to 72. At an STC of 25, normal speech can be heard and understood through the construction material. An STC above 60 provides soundproofing that eliminates most sounds. In Boston, building codes require a minimum STC of 50.
Blankets and Batts
Blanket or batt acoustic insulation is typically comprised of fiberglass or other synthetic or natural fibers that are interwoven to produce materials of varying density. It is typically a couple of inches thick and found in rolls of material approximately 8 feet long. Batt acoustic insulation can be used for sound dampening in walls, ceilings and flooring. Since porous materials are more effective at absorbing sound, the highest density insulation doesn’t produce the optimal sound control. Batt insulation with a density ranging from 2.5 to 3.0 lbs/ft3 is most effective for sound insulation. It is lightweight and easily managed. Depending on the construction method, it can improve STC ratings by 4 to 10 dBs. It also has the additional benefit of providing thermal insulation.
Acoustic panels are constructed of gypsum or mineral fibers and enclosed in an ornate material. Foam acoustic panels are usually the most economical. Acoustic panels are designed to absorb sound within a specific area to moderate resonance. They can be used on walls or ceilings. The effective sound transmission loss depends on the thickness and material used for construction. Some materials are more effective at absorbing certain frequencies than others and are rated by ASTM sound absorption coefficients at wavelengths from 125 Hz to 4000 Hz. On average, a 2 inch acoustic panel has an STC of 37 while a 4 inch panel has an STC of 48. They are most often employed in cafeterias, conference rooms and recording studios.
Acoustical drywall is constructed of gypsum board and is frequently enhanced with other materials including concrete or metal. Careful consideration should be given to where drywall panels containing these materials are installed since they may interfere with cellular phones and other wireless devices. Additional layers of drywall are often added to improve sound control. Acoustical drywall can be used for ceilings and walls. It is resistant to mold, and most types have an STC rating of 55 or greater.
Viscoelastic materials are synthetic polymers that reduce sound transmission by transforming its vibrations to heat energy that is dispersed into the air. This material is inserted between layers of drywall, plywood or cement board to reduce the noise transferred between rooms. Viscoelastic materials can decrease sound transfer between rooms by as much as 10 to 20 dBs.
A wide selection of acoustical insulation products is available online. It provides convenient access to quality materials of all types from companies that offer insulation delivery in Boston directly to the construction site.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.