Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
In a world of subdivisions and cookie-cutter manufactured homes, sometimes you want something unique to mark your home as your own original dwelling. But short of driving the homeowner's association crazy, how can you get beyond plain, painted walls and boring ceilings? By adding texture to your home with decorative plaster finishes. Let's take a look at some simple fixes that will help you make your home a little more you.
The simplest of all decorative plasters, a spray texture involves using a texture gun, brush or trowel to fling small bits of plaster at your walls or ceiling. Your technique is going to have a lot to do with how fine or coarse the final texture will turn out, but for the most part, just have some fun with it. It's also one of the least labor-intensive ways to add some texture to your walls or ceiling. Be aware, though - if it's on the walls in high-traffic areas, there's a possibility it may be knocked flat again as the protruding portions break off more easily. Also, a highly textured wall can create issues for cleaning later, a good thing to know if you have children, and can hold a small amount of dust or be a starting point for cobwebs if you have insect issues.
This is the first type of plaster we're going to add some hand finishing to complete the look. After a spray texture has gone up, and before it dries completely, you'll take a trowel or putty knife and draw it across the surface of the texture, knocking down the highest parts. This will flatten the high points and fill in some of the deepest low points, giving you an orange-peel texture that provides a unique appearance without being overwhelming or hard to manage and keep clean. To get a finer finish, flatten the plaster by pushing it down against the wall instead of running the tool parallel to the wall, then pick it up and go to the next spot.
This technique involves spraying on your plaster, about 1/8" thick, and then taking a paintbrush or similar somewhat soft brush and forming the surface of the plaster by brushing it. This creates a very fine texture in the wall without being overwhelming and is great to soften surfaces in rooms that get a lot of reflective sunlight. Because it turns the surface from one flat piece into a thousand slightly different directions, it does a great job of cutting down glare.
I first saw this technique at my uncle's home in Arizona, and it was both amazingly beautiful and astonishingly easy. He'd sprayed the ceiling with plaster, then started in one corner with a broom, twisting it to create an arc in the corner with the pivot point then being covered over by the next arc of the broom. He continued working this way until he'd reached the opposite corner, where the somewhat less-than-perfect pivot point was hidden in the corner.
This is another simple finish that looks much harder than it actually is, but creates a lot of old-fashioned texture for your home. Like mud swirl, it tends to work best on the ceiling where it won't be bumped. Though it calls for a slap brush or crows foot brush, a sponge or fine wadded cloth works well too. Once you have your plaster up, take a sponge or wadded cloth and daub the texture into it, being careful to not miss any areas or overlap and destroy the texture in areas you've already worked. If you need to get into smaller areas, just use a smaller sponge or cloth wad to texture that specific area.
Faux Old World Plaster
To create an old world plaster effect, just plan on spending a bit of extra time hand-troweling your mud to create an somewhat uneven surface that is slightly polished on the high areas. By continuing to work the plaster, you'll create the varied look of plasters usually seen in Italy or France.
Ready to get started? At Wallboard Supply Company, we have the materials and tools you need to rock your decorative plaster finish. Contact us today for more details!
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.