Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you're working on pounding something in, a hammer is a hammer, right? Not necessarily. There are a wide variety of specialty hammers for a range of purposes, some of which work for general use and some of which do not. Here's a quick rundown on the different types of hammers available today:
Different Hammer Types and Uses
Claw Hammer - When most people think of a hammer, this is the kind of hammer they're picturing. With a flat face, sometimes cross-hatched to provide a better "grip" on the nail's surface and a curved claw on the back for removing nails or prying up board ends, a claw hammer is the most widely-used hammer on the market and shows up in most tool kits on a regular basis.
Framing Hammer - Though it's very similar to the claw hammer in appearance, a framing hammer has a claw that is much less curved than you'll find on a claw hammer. This is because they're typically used for assembly rather than general purpose. To make up for the lack of leverage that a claw hammer's curve provides, these hammers also feature longer handles and are heavier to pack a stronger punch on every blow.
Ball Peen Hammer - Though they're used for a variety of purposes, the ball peen hammer is, at heart, a metalworking hammer. Used for peening rivets and other small metalworking tasks, the hammer has a flat face for flattening pieces of metal and a ball face that is half rounded to focus force on a very small area of metal, mushrooming it out to finish the connection the rivet holds in place. They also are designed to slip along the metal, so you'll have a harder time trying to drive nails with them.
Cross and Straight Peen Hammer - Used in metalworking, upholstery and cabinetmaking, a cross and straight peen hammer provides two different surfaces, one of which is used on metal and the other of which is often used to start tacks or panel pins. The straight part of the peen can be either in the same angle as the handle or perpendicular to it.
Cross Peen Pin Hammer - Lighter in weight than the cross and straight peen hammer, the cross peen pin hammer is a favorite of cabinetmakers and for joinery work. It can also be used in fine metalworking, such as miniature work and jewelry making.
Brick Hammer - In terms of profile, a brick hammer resembles a framing hammer, but the similarities stop there. Instead of a claw, the brick hammer has a chisel, used to score a brick with a line that is then broken using the face of the hammer.
Chasing Hammer - Another metalworking hammer, a chasing hammer is used to spread out a sheet of metal or put a curve into it. They'll often have two different faces on them and can be used in jewelry making.
Welders Hammer - Resembling a cross between an old-fashioned wood stove tool and a hammer, the welder's hammer has a coil that helps dissipate heat and prevent burns, typically with a pointed tip on one end of the head and a chisel on the other.
Club Hammer - This is essentially a sledge hammer with a shorter handle for working in smaller areas or when the full leverage of a sledge hammer isn't needed.
Sledge Hammer - When you really need to drive something home, a sledge hammer is the way to go. With a head starting out at about eight pounds and a long handle, this hammer gives you the advantage of leverage in delivering a powerful blow.
With this level of detail, you can see that choosing the right hammer for the job isn't nearly as simple as grabbing one out of the tool kit and going to work. Specialized jobs mean specialized tools, so get the right one from our hand tool section. At Wallboard Supply Company, we've been supplying the four-state region for over 40 years and are happy to help answer any questions you may have.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.