Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
While hanging the drywall at your project site will require strength, readying it for finishing requires a well-developed skill. Here, we will delve into a few tips used by experienced professionals to achieve a smooth, professional drywall finish every time.
Tip #1: Use The Right Tools
As with all projects (from cooking to construction and beyond), having the proper tools on hand makes the entire project much easier. For drywall, you will need to start with sanding paper (with medium grit). Broad, stainless steel knives are also necessary for when you reach the finishing phase. You'll also need paper tape and a flexible steel blade which will come in handy while you're taping.
Tip #2: Carefully Prepare Before You Begin Drywall Finishing
The drywall compound is available in two ways. One will have water sitting atop the compound as you open the bucket. This type of compound will require you to stir it slowly (using a paddle attachment with your drill is a great and convenient way to mix the compound. When no water is visible and the compound looks completely smooth to the naked eye, it's ready. The other type of compound is pre-mixed, and no effort is required on your part to begin using it.
Before you begin, take a quick assessment of the wall's surface. If you see the heads of any screws sticking out from the wall, be sure to drive those screw heads into the wall (until they appear to be very slightly recessed into the wall).
Tip #3: Use The Compound To Cover Any Screws And Joints
Using the flexible steel blade, begin to spread the compound into the wall at the joints (and between the sheets). When the joints are filled, hold the blade at a 25 degree angle, smoothing the compound completely. Be certain you fill in any holes left behind by screws, and be sure that all the recessed screw heads are also covered. (The compound should be smoothed over these sections also.
Tip #4: Apply Paper Tape To Joints
Take out the paper tape, centering it. Then, and apply it to the seam, using just your fingers to adhere the tape to the fresh compound you've just applied to the joints. Remember to be gentle as you press the tape into the compound. Continue unrolling the tape, continuing this action until the paper tape is applied to the entire length of the seam.
Here, you'll want to switch to the sharper knife, using it to cut the tape (at a 90 degree angle).
Tip #5: Smooth Out The Tape (Using Your Knife)
Although you began by using your fingers to hold the tape in place, over the seams, it is now time to use the flexible blade you've used earlier to create that super smooth, super professional surface.
A note here -- this process takes a great deal of skill. Be sure to take your time and really focus on creating an exceptional end result.
You will begin at the midway point, with your flexible blade positioned at a 25 degree angle against the wall. Then, you'll run that flexible blade across the tape in one long, smooth stroke, from one end to the other. You'll begin to see those coveted smooth kines, but again, be sure to go slow, take your time and use one long single stroke across the joint. Scrape away any excess compound, then repeat this action, starting at the middle of the joint and doing the exact same thing for the opposite side of the joint.
Repeat this action, again and again, until each joint is completely smooth.
Tip #6: Tape Down Those Inside Corners
Cut a piece of tape which is about the length of one of the corners in the room. Then, using the flexible blade and a similar motion, smooth the paper tape into the corners of each wall. (Again, start from the midway point and smooth down one end, then the other.
Once these steps are complete, you're ready to apply paint or wallpaper to finish.
Photo credit: Georgia National Guard / Foter / CC BY
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.