Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
There are two things my brothers-in-law, father and grandfathers have in common. They all work in construction or industry, and they're all hard of hearing - if not completely deaf. After stubbornly refusing to get their hearing checked because they don't want to admit their hearing isn't as great as it once was, making the rest of the family speak at a volume just below a dull roar to have a conversation - for a decade or two - they'll get hearing aids, usually around age 55 to 60. Though we've noticed a correlation between hearing aids accidentally being left off and how much the speaker yammers on, it doesn't get around the fact that there's a hearing problem, common to most people working in loud-noise environments.
There has been a strong push towards hearing protection over the years, including OSHA requirements. You can almost break down the year when different levels of protection were adopted. Granddad on one side of the family was deaf as a post - you even had to tell him when his batteries were going and the hearing aid started squealing. By comparison, my youngest brother-in-law has a little trouble in crowded rooms, but otherwise has decent hearing. The difference between these generations is the additional focus on hearing protection in the work place. Here are the types of hearing protection you can use and their advantages and disadvantages:
Earmuffs fit most people and are easy to wear, use and clean. However, the headband and muff can interfere with glasses and other personal protective equipment. If you're in a work situation where this is not a concern, they can be a great, easy to use piece of equipment to keep on hand.
Canal caps are essentially earplugs on a headband. Though they tend to not be as comfortable or provide as much protection as other options, the band can go on top of your head, under your chin or behind your neck, making them more flexible when working with a respirator or hard hat. They also go on and come off quickly, especially when compared to earplugs.
If you have a hard-to-fit ear, having earplugs that are custom formed to your ears is a great way to get around that problem without having to worry about accidentally knocking off your hearing protection on the work site. This type of earplug requires visiting a hearing protection provider who is licensed, as they require a cast of the ear canal to create a perfect customized fit. For that extra effort, though, you'll receive earplugs that perfectly fit your ears and are comfortable for long-term wear.
This type of earplug isn't custom-fitted to your ears, but is still a step above the protection provided by foam plugs. They can be cleaned between uses and tend to protect against somewhat higher noise levels. They are somewhat more expensive than the foam plugs but much less expensive compared to pre-formed plugs. Like the foam plugs below, if noise is able to leak through because of poor fit, the earplugs won't provide sufficient protection against noise. Because these are somewhat preformed, you'll need to make sure you get the right size.
Roll-Down Foam Earplugs
As an inexpensive, disposable, one-size-fits-most solution, this type of ear plug works rather well. It provides decent hearing protection for most situations and like other earplugs, can be doubled up with earmuffs to provide additional hearing protection in extreme situations. They are rolled to make the diameter smaller, then inserted into the ear canal and allowed to expand to fill the ear canal and block noise. If it doesn't completely fill the ear canal and noise can leak past in those areas, it won't provide adequate protection.
Using proper hearing protection not only protects your hearing, it also prevents work site mishaps and misunderstood instructions, making your work site safer and reducing waste from errors. If you or your crew needs better hearing protection, we've got what you need. Contact Wallboard Supply Company today for more details, to place an order or to arrange for delivery to your work site so your crew can keep on going.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.