Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
As building science improves, the attention paid to the building envelope, the parts of the structure that separates the outside from the inside, is becoming more and more detailed. But what parts make up the building envelope, and what functions do they serve in that capacity? In this post, we'll take a solid look at what a solid building envelope entails.
Bottom Floor and Foundation Wall System
How many times have you heard about problems with leaking basements or drafty sill plates? Sealing your foundation wall system is just as important as having good drainage away from your walls.
Sheet Foam. If you have concerns about heaving from ice heaves, insulating your foundation floor with sheet foam can help reduce this problem. It's a common tactic used in northern climates where it's too hard to get to the frost line.
Membrane. Worried about damp soil or water infiltration? Modern waterproofing membranes provide long-term, durable protection for your basement.
Sealant. For those problem areas where your utilities come through or you have small drafts, caulk or weatherstripping can go a long way to help keep the cold winter air out.
Spray Foam. For larger gaps or to provide better insulation, spray foam is an excellent option. It helps seal as well as providing a heat barrier.
Above-Grade Wall System
As an example of poor wall design and retrofit, a small farmhouse dating to the late 1800's had wooden clapboard siding on the outside and stucco on wooden lathing strips on the inside. During one particular renovation, the stucco was removed by being struck until the cement cracked, and it was then removed from the interior of the house and replaced with wood paneling. At the same time, insulation was added by drilling through the upper part of each wall cavity and blowing in cellulose. Unfortunately, the stucco keys from the backside of the lathing fell down to the bottom of the wall cavity, allowing wind to blow through in the winter, creating a terrible draft. Hence the importance of good wall design.
Insulation. Whether you're considering blowing cellulose in a retrofit, installing fiberglass batting to a new construction or adding sheet foam to the exterior, insulation is your first line of thermal defense in your walls and roof.
Studs. If you get extreme winds or cold, you may want to consider doing an offset design with your studs to prevent thermal transference.
Structure Wrap. Whether you're adding house wrap or a more specialized commercial structure wrap, this layer helps prevent air from entering the building envelope anywhere except where you want it to.
Tape. Don't forget the joints! To get the best performance, make sure you seal the joints in insulation, sheet foam or house wrap with tape, otherwise these areas become prime areas of air infiltration.
Any point air can pass through the structure's walls is a potential point of failure for your building envelope. There are three basic points where a building component passes through the envelope entirely.
Windows. There are a variety of new technologies at play in windows, from insulated, multi-pane windows that help create insulative space between panes to special coatings that reflect heat back into a structure.
Doors. Exterior doors in our part of the country should always have insulation to help prevent thermal bridging. A properly-fitted storm door that helps keep wind off your exterior door will help keep your home warmer.
Weatherstripping and Caulk. Your doors and windows are only as good as the sealant used to keep the wind out around them. A 1/8" gap around a door is the same as a 6" hole in the middle.
Utility Inlet or Outlet. Don't forget to seal around these key areas. For exhaust systems, make sure to put baffles in that will restrict airflow when they're not in use.
Roofing Seal System
If your roof won't keep the water out, what's the point? Having your roof well-sealed helps prevent moisture from building up inside, causing significant damage and potential health issues.
Sealant. This keeps water from getting behind flashing or around pipes or vents that protrude through the roof.
Extra Protection in Problem Areas. If you have valleys, dormers or other areas where water tends to leak, make sure they're sealed up right.
Roofing Material. You can have the best roof in the world, but it won't protect your home if it's not wind resistant. Make sure your roof design will hold up to harsh weather.
Where does your building envelope need improving? At Wallboard Supply Company, we have what you need to make your home more comfortable than ever. Contact us for more information.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.