Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
There are a wide variety of different tools that are available to construction contractors, homeowners, property managers and other types of people to help stave off the devastating effects of a fire. During the construction process of a building, these resources are typically installed in the inner workings of the building itself to help them be as effective as possible. A sprinkler system that is heat activated is one strong step in the direction of safety, for example. If the temperature in a specific area or room gets too hot, sprinklers will go off in an attempt to contain and eliminate a fire while it's still in its nascent stages.
Another one of these invaluable resources is called a fire wall. By understanding exactly how fire walls will perform in the event of a worst case scenario and how they operate in general, you will start to see just how important these really are - especially when it comes to apartment buildings and other residential situations where people will be living in close proximity to one another.
What Fire Walls Do
Fire walls are designed to separate a building into distinct areas to help not put out a fire after it starts, but to prevent a fire from spreading to the rest of the building. Fire walls of these types are commonly considered to be part of a building's fire protection system and are best used in accordance with other measures.
When a fire begins in a single apartment unit, for example, the fire wall can prevent that fire from growing to the point where it spreads to other nearby units. Other aspects of the building's passive fire systems like sprinklers will then work to contain that fire and eliminate it as effectively and as safely as possible.
How Fire Walls Work
There are two main types of fire walls that are commonly used in various applications. These are traditional fire walls and fire barrier walls. Traditional fire walls are designed to separate one section of a building from the other and are made of fire tested material that will not catch fire during a catastrophic event. Because these walls themselves can stand up to prolonged periods of heat, the fire will not be able to grow to the level of intensity one would expect in a situation where the building would suffer a total loss.
Traditional fire walls are commonly designed to be load baring or self sufficient, which means that they are a part of the design of the building itself.
The other main type of fire wall is called a fire barrier wall, which is also sometimes referred to as a partition. In this situation, the wall is still fire rated and can withstand both the heat and force of a nearby fire, but it is not structurally load baring. These types of fire walls commonly don't extend into the upper floors of a building like traditional fire walls, which can themselves extend all the way to the roof in certain situations.
The Worst Case Scenario
The worst case scenario for anyone associated with a particular building - from the tenants who live in individual units to the property manager and everyone between - is a fire. Fires can quickly spread and get out of hand, claiming many innocent lives in the process and (depending on the severity) can even cause a total loss as far as the building is concerned.
In the event that a fire breaks out in a particular apartment, naturally the fire would grow in intensity as it spread. Because the individual apartment unit would be essentially encased in fire walls, that fire would not be able to spread to shared walls with other apartment units like it normally would. Fire fighters and other first responders would have a far longer period of time, and thus increased chances, of containing and eliminating that fire (along with help from sprinklers and other fire suppressing systems) before the damage extends past the individual unit where the fire began.
Without fire walls, the fire would quickly spread to surrounding units and the chances of it claiming the entire building become higher by the second as seen in this video below.
Photo credit: Lance Catedral / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-ND 2.0) The National Guard / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.