Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Passive fire protection is a method for preventing the spread of smoke and flames along with containing the fire at its source. It’s critical for commercial buildings, as it allows occupants the time needed to safely evacuate the building. Unlike fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems, these passive protection systems utilize fire-rated wall assemblies that have fire-resistant materials.
The Purpose of Fire-Rated Wall Assemblies
For optimal passive fire protection, different fire-resistant materials must be used together to slow the spread of toxic gases, smoke and blazes. A good example is the interior and exterior of commercial wall assemblies. Gypsum wallboard, light-gauge steel studs and fiberglass insulation are used together for total passive fire protection. These materials are used in a variety of layers and thicknesses to ramp up fire resistance. It’s a systematic and coordinated approach to maximize fire protection.
Types of Fire-Resistant Wall Assemblies
Wall assemblies vary, but the most common type include one-hour rated, two-hour rated and area separation firewalls. Both one-hour and two-hour rated assemblies can be applied vertically or horizontally. Gypsum board is fastened to steel studs with steel screws. For the most part, the difference between the two is the spacing. For extra fire resistance, 2 ½ inches of fiberglass batt insulation is added to the wall cavity.
Area Separation Firewalls
Firewalls are an important component of fire-resistant wall assemblies. These structures are often required in commercial buildings, townhomes and apartment complexes. The area separation firewall is engineered for collapse without the collapse of the whole wall. To accomplish this, aluminum breakaway clips are attached to the framing and wall. If one side of the separation firewall is exposed to a fire, the clips are designed to break away. The fire side of the wall collapses while the unexposed side continues to provide support for the separation wall.
Generally, separation firewall assemblies have two layers of 1” x “24” gypsum shaft liner panels inserted between the ceiling and floor runners. Proper installation of a firewall assembly includes following the manufacturer’s specifications and the system’s requirements. Keep in mind that an additional passive fire stop system is required in order to seal off gases and smoke from the joints.
Passive Fire Stop Systems
Often, toxic gases, flames and smoke penetrate through fire-rated wall assemblies at HVAC ductwork, electrical box, cable and switch perimeters, so sealing is necessary. Sealants like silicone and latex are often used. Contractors can choose these sealants in spray, caulking and leveling grades. Backing material like polyethylene backer rods are often used for additional support. Intumescent materials are another good alternative. These fire stop products expand in volume when in contact to flames or heat exceeding high temperatures. With expansion, the gaps are closed, and the firewall retains its integrity. Intumescent materials come in various forms, including metallic collars and caulks.
Today, the integration of intumescent fire stop materials with steel framing is the latest innovation. Many commercial projects are now using steel tracks that have a metered dose of intumescent material. This is the ideal solution for controlling both hidden and exposed conditions that may be susceptible to fire. This new single-source construction of wall assemblies enables drywall contractors to complete joint protection while delivering up to three-hour fire-rated protection. These systems are easy to install and eliminate the need to return and do caulking.
Firewalls, fire-rated assemblies and passive fire stop systems are important elements in commercial buildings. Occupant safety is enhanced, and contractors can meet building code requirements. In combination with active fire protection methods, these passive fire protection methods are a well-balanced strategy to protect occupants and the building itself.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.