Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Between the release of toxins and the potential for wasted energy, a careless approach to commercial construction can prove devastating to the environment. Fortunately, researchers have come up with a variety of ingenious solutions to many of the ecological construction issues that, at one time seemed insurmountable. This new approach to construction is surprisingly affordable and, ultimately less of a burden on Mother Nature. Building contractors interested in doing their part for the environment are advised to keep the following eco friendly considerations in mind:
Toxic Building Materials
A variety of once-standard building materials have all but disappeared from the commercial construction landscape, due to alarming findings about the impact of said materials on both individuals and the environment at large. For example, lead paint, once common in both residential and commercial buildings, is now regarded as a huge health risk. Fortunately, thanks to public awareness campaigns and the commitment of concerned building contractors, lead paint is rarely found in new and renovated structures.
Polystyrene, once lauded for its fire retardant abilities, may soon go the way of lead paint, as researchers believe that chronic exposure can be devastating to the central nervous system. The problems associated with polystyrene do not end there; the production of this material creates an alarming amount of air and water pollution. Additionally, polystyrene production also creates hydrocarbons responsible for ozone depletion. Like polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride, or PVC, is also best avoided; the Environmental Protection Agency deems the dioxins accompanying this material personally and environmentally toxic at any level.
Energy Efficient Structures
Energy efficiency is, understandably, of chief concern among building occupants, especially as the cost of heating and cooling continues to increase. The most effective means of reducing energy consumption involves the targeted use of high-quality insulation, along with supplementary techniques such as the application of stainless steel bolts in areas prone to heat transfer. Doors and windows may also need to be addressed, as large, poorly-sealed areas may result in significant energy loss. Special glazes and tints can be used to keep heat in during the winter months and out when summer arrives. Contractors are also advised to keep air duct and pump sealing in mind, as both techniques can create impressive energy savings without contributing greatly to the overall building budget.
Local Lumber And Gypsum Delivery
While worrying about the potential cost and environmental impact of building materials and designs, contractors often fail to consider the effects of long-distance shipping. Materials may be purchased from hundreds or even thousands of miles away; this approach is incredibly wasteful, considering the likely presence of nearby suppliers. Consider investing in lumber, gypsum and other building materials that have been manufactured and distributed on a regional level; this approach reduces the need for cross-country shipping, all while supporting the local economy.
Bird Proofing Measures
At this point, it is almost a given that construction projects will include measures aimed at reducing energy consumption and minimizing the use of toxic materials. After all, even those expressing minimal concern surrounding environmental issues are eager to reduce energy costs and keep building occupants safe. In their quest to ensure human safety, however, few consider the negative impact commercial structures can have on bird populations.
Outside of a reduction in viable habitat, the greatest problem commercial construction poses for birds is that of window-related fatalities. This is particularly true of modern glass buildings, in which flying birds see their reflections and, mistaking the images on the glass for other birds, fly straight for the reflective facades. Significant increases in bird fatalities may result from this building style, thereby increasing the threat of extinction for already rare populations.
Bird proofing solutions vary greatly from one construction project to the next. The most effective approach is the complete avoidance of glass facade structures, but, when this solution is not viable, netting and special gels can both be used to prevent bird crashes.
The construction industry is eager to assist in environmental preservations. Whether this means ceasing the use of hazardous materials or investing in bird proofing measures, building contractors take pride in knowing that they are making the world a cleaner and safer place.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.