Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
As the weather continues to cool down, many contractors across the country are likely to see a huge spike in projects involving residential weatherization. Home weatherization involves everything from adding insulation to air sealing to improving the home's ventilation. Weatherization not only helps homeowners save energy that would otherwise escape, it also helps them save money on their energy bills.
Homeowners who discover a significant "draft" in the home and those who struggle to keep the home at a comfortable temperature in both the winter months as well as the summer months often benefit from residential weatherization.
For you as a contractor, a typical weatherization project will include any (or all) of the following:
Checking the level of insulation in the home and adjusting it when necessary,
Sealing any holes or cracks near the doors, windows and pipes,
Fixing and/or replacing windows throughout the home,
Assuring that the heating and the air conditioning units are functioning as they should, and
Placing an insulated blanket around dated or less efficient water heaters.
Checking & Adjusting Insulation Levels
One of the most common questions surrounding insulation levels is simply, 'How much is needed?' Here, in this graphic provided by the North American Insulation Manufacturer's Association, offers a complete overview of recommended insulation levels by both zones and geographic regions. It is based on both recommendations from the US Department of Energy and recent International Energy Conservation Codes.
Sealing Holes or Cracks Near Entryways
A good rule of thumb for checking insulation around windows and doors is to check for light (you can use a flashlight if necessary) or for air. If either is seeping in through the entryways, it's time to consider replacements.
Be sure to seal plumbing entrances also (for example, under the sink and in the tub or shower).
Often, when the home is at least 15 years old, the need for window replacement often surfaces. Following are quick steps you can take to determine whether replacement windows are needed.
If condensation, frost or ice forms on the windows, this is a clear sign of inadequate insulation.
When the home's windows are painted shut or if a prop is needed to keep the windows open, it's time for window replacement.
If on particularly warm or cool days, there are warm or cool spots inside the window frame, consider replacing them.
If you notice peeling on the home's exterior, this is often caused by improperly insulated windows or by the expansion and contraction during temperature shifts (common in older homes).
When the home has single pane glass, uncomfortable drafts around the windows or unwanted sounds coming in, consider window replacement.
There are a number of options available for replacement windows, including full-frame, sash-only, inserts and custom frames. The final decision will often lie with the homeowner's tastes and budget, though.
Water Heater Insulation Blankets
Most modern water heaters have insulation pre-installed; however, the factory installed insulation is found inside the tank, between the metal shell and the actual tank. On the manufacturer's label on the side of the tank, you'll find how much insulation the water heater contains. That number is expressed as an R-value, and a water heater with an R-value below 24 is likely losing a great deal of heat.
If you are not able to locate the R-value on your customer's water heater, a good way to determine whether or not it needs insulation is by simply touching it. If the tank is warm to the touch, it needs additional insulation.
For gas water heaters, wrap the insulation all the way around the water heater, and from the top to the bottom, just below the controller. Gas water heaters should NOT be wrapped at the top due to the heat exhaust which escapes from that area. Further, the insulation blanket should not cover the anode, the controller, the pressure relief valve or the temperature relief valve.
By contrast, electric water heaters do not have an exhaust at the top; therefore, you're free to insulate both the sides and the top of the electric water heater. Just be sure the heating element access panels remain uncovered.
Photo credit: Chewonki Semester School / Foter / CC BY
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.