Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Energy efficient structures are currently in high demand, and while this lofty goal can be accomplished with solar panels and triple glaze windows, these approaches are not always viable for low-budget projects. The easiest and most effective way to amp up a building's energy efficiency rating is to take basic steps to prevent thermal bridging, one of the main causes of increased heating and cooling bills.
Thermal bridging occurs when the space outside of a structure is warmer or colder than the heated or cooled area inside. This is often caused by poor structural design and incorrect use of insulation. The result is a great amount of energy needed to reach an ideal heat setting. Over time, this increased energy usage can prove quite costly.
Thermal bridging is relatively easy to avoided, provided thecorrect materials and building process are utilized. Building contractors are advised to keep the following suggestions in mind so as to minimize this costly phenomenon:
Choose Insulation Materials Carefully
Often, when asked about the best way to keep a home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, the individual lacking construction expertise will recommend insulation. While this person would be correct in his or her assumption that insulation in the primary solution, the solution is not that simple.Different types of insulation can vary widely, both in terms of price and quality. Although higher quality insulation may initially seem more costly, it creates the potential for significant savings down the road. However, for the contractor working with a limited budget, certain types of insulation may be out of the question.
In the past, most contractors and building designers relied on simple fiberglass rolls for insulation. While this is still a viable approach, today's contractors are willing to consider a much wider array of potential insulation materials. Polystyrene insulation has recently seen a surge in popularity, thanks, in part, to its fire-retardant abilities. However, a number of construction experts have expressed concern surrounding the potential environmental hazards of polystyrene. Rock wool serves as an excellent alternative, particularly as it comes highly recommended by the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association. Although rock wool is reasonably affordable, cellulose may be a preferable material for projects involving heavy budgetary constraints.
Another important consideration surrounding insulation is where, exactly, it will be placed. Attics and upper floors often possess insulation requirements far more stringent than those attached to lower levels and basements. Thus, insulation with a higher or lower resistance to heat flow (often referred to as R-value) may be needed depending on the specific location of concern.
Alternative Solutions For Thermal Bridging
Quality insulation should be the chief technique used to minimize thermal bridges, but this approach can also be supplemented with a number of alternative solutions. For example, fiber reinforced polymers, in addition to strengthening beams and slabs, may also minimize heat transfer. Likewise, polystyrene boards can be installed as a quick and relatively inexpensive solution when insulation changes are not available.
A common, although somewhat more expensive solution to thermal bridging involves the strategic use of stainless steel instead of carbon steel may reduce heat transfer. This technique can quickly prove costly, which is why contractors with limited budgets are advised to limit stainless steel use to targeted locations. Applying stainless steel bolts to areas in which thermal bridging is of major concern may prove sufficient when the use of higher R-value insulation is not an option.
Ideally, a thermal bridging resistant structure will include a targeted combination of approaches, including the overall use of quality insulation, as well as steel reinforcements and fiber-reinforced polymers where necessary. This multi-faceted approach to insulation will allow for greater energy efficiency, and, over time, a significant reduction in both heating costs and carbon footprint concerns.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.