Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
In New England, we tend to worry much more about staying warm in the winter than cool in the summer. But with the recent climate shifts that have been happening around the globe, maybe it's time to consider staying cool in the summer as well. But how do you keep your home cool without a high utility bill to show for it? Here are some tips on what to look for to stay cool for less and improving your home's overall energy efficiency.
Insulate to Stay Cool?
Insulation can be a confusing topic, because we typically associate it with cold outdoor temperatures. But what insulation actually does is create a buffer zone between your home's interior and exterior. That means it protects you from extreme temperatures whether it's hot or cold outside, but we tend to notice it more in the winter because of the greater temperature variation. Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to improving your home's insulation:
Foil-backed sheet foam will reflect heat into your home if you have it between the studs and your interior walls, while placing it on the exterior of your home, underneath your siding, will cause it to reflect heat away from your home.
Make sure you seal it up. If you're putting in an air conditioner, you're going to want to insulate any ductwork. If you're going with a window unit, you'll want to make sure you use good weatherstripping and possibly some sheet foam to provide a good seal. If your home is drafty, you're going to be spending a lot more money on your utilities than you would by spending a few dollars to seal it up better.
It's always good to add insulation. Many homes built in the past were built to minimum specifications, not to the best energy efficiency available. If you have standard 2x4 walls and are considering changing out your siding, put in a good inch or two of sheet foam to greatly improve your home's R-value and lower your utility bills.
Getting a Great AC Unit and Keeping Cool for Less
If it's been getting hot enough that you're considering getting an air conditioner, there are a few things to keep in mind that will help you keep your cool while saving money and improving your home's interior comfort. Some may seem like common sense, while others are simply happy side effects of having a good-quality air conditioner in your home:
Try to purchase a unit that has the highest possible efficiency you can afford. Generally referred to as the SEER rating, you'll want a unit with the highest numeric value. This will directly save you money on operating the AC unit.
Have allergies? Look for a unit that has a HEPA filter as an option to improve your indoor air quality, then make sure to change or clean your system's filter on a regular basis. When a filter gets dirty, it allows pet dander, mold, mildew, dust and pollen to build up in your home.
Bigger is not better. You want a system that is sized to your home, because it will cause wear and tear on the unit if it's too large and must cycle on and off frequently to maintain the temperature.
Window, freestanding or central? If you have one or two rooms on a south or west facing wall that tend to get hot while the rest of your home remains comfortable, a window unit may be the best option. If you only want to cool the room you're in at the moment, a portable unit is a great way to go. But if you think you'll need whole-house cooling, it's much better, and more efficient, to go with a central air system.
By keeping these simple tips and techniques in mind, you can quickly improve your home's energy efficiency for winter or summer. A good place to start is by downloading our insulation product guide below; this guide will help you discover products that will regulate your homes temperature regardless of season.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.