Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you work in contracting, you expect to breath in some junk on occasion. But when it comes to insulation, a little can go a long way. Whether it's chemicals, irritants or other harmful substances, having the proper respiratory protection when insulating can help protect your lungs. Here's our guide on respiratory PPE, what type is used in what situation and what the drawbacks are of any particular piece of equipment.
Fiberglass Insulation - For the most part, fiberglass is one of the serious concerns in insulation and weatherization processes. If fiberglass is released into the air during cutting or rough handling, it can be drawn into the lungs, where it causes mechanical irritation and has been linked by several agencies to cancer.
Sprayed Polyurethane Foam - With the increased interest in spray foam, polyurethane is being used by new applicators who may have not had sufficient training on safety. Because this type of foam releases isocyanates, a chemical vapor that is one of the top causes of workplace-related asthma, proper care must be taken to provide ventilation and appropriate respiratory equipment.
Cellulose - Cellulose is the oldest type of insulation mentioned in this guide, but that doesn't mean it's harmless. It can cause significant mechanical irritation due to dust. A dust respirator is important when blowing in dry cellulose to prevent it from being inhaled.
Sprayed Polystyrene - When polystyrene is sprayed into a cavity, it can release styrene. Styrene has been linked to various chemical issues, including respiratory irritation and neurological effects, so having a proper chemical respirator is vital to protect your workers' health. Keep in mind that, much like sprayed polyurethane foam, sprayed polystyrene may aerosolize to a certain extent if an aggressive application approach is used, making a respirator doubly necessary.
Latex-Based Sealant - Though most people don't have any issues with latex sealants, people with a sensitivity or allergy to latex may find that they have problems with respiratory irritation and allergic reactions when using this type of sealant. Care should be taken by these individuals to avoid contact with the substance and to wear an appropriate respirator during application.
Types of Respirators
As you can see, most issues are related to either mechanical, chemical or sensitivity to a particular material. There are a few different options to consider for protection, but they must meet the particular problem related to the material.
Half-Face N95 Masks - These types of particulate masks will provide a variety of fits, from essentially a sheet of filter held in place by ear straps that is only protecting against something blown directly against the face to a good, adjustable fit over the nose and multiple straps to keep the respirator fit tightly to the face. Areas to consider are whether the work environment will cause safety glasses to fog up, in which case looking for a one-way valve on the respirator is handy.
Single or Dual Cartridge Respirators - These respirators can use a wide range of different cartridges to meet different concerns. They work well for both mechanical and chemical irritants. They tend to be built more strongly than half-face masks and provide a much better seal and fewer points of failure than the half-face masks. They are available to use either with separate safety glasses in a half-mask form or in a full-face mask that includes eye protection.
Powered, Supplied and SCBA Respirators - Though these aren't usually incorporated with installations, they are sometimes required in retrofit situations where air quality, asbestos or similar concerns are present. These provide forced air, air from a supply line or independently tanked air.
By making sure you and your crew have the right respiratory protection equipment for your insulation job, you can help ensure you'll be able to keep working for years to come in good health. If you need more safety information download our free Safety and Health Brochure below.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.