Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you're working on a LEED certified building, you know that every material can count towards or against your certification points. But have you considered what difference your exterior cladding can make in terms of points and efficiency? If you haven't, you may be missing out on some great opportunities. Here are a few more details on what type of cladding options work well in LEED certified buildings and what to look for:
It's Not Easy Being Green: Materials to Consider
It's easy to get caught up in only sourcing the most natural options in cladding, but there are many other materials you may not have considered. Sustainably produced wood is certainly one option, especially if you look at naturally rot- and insect-resistant varieties such as cedar, redwood and cypress. Vinyl siding can have high recycled content with low travel miles and directly recycled back into more siding. Fiber cement is very durable, giving it a low maintenance and long life span, partially making up for the high energy costs of production. Brick is another type of cladding that uses high energy to produce, but its lifespan is measured in centuries rather than years or decades. Manufactured stone also has high durability and long lifespan with the same higher energy inputs, but can contain higher quantities of recycled material that raise its score in terms of sustainability.
Layers Upon Layers: How to Build a Wall System
Beyond the very exterior of the wall, what else can you build into the wall system to ensure better certification points? You can add a layer of sheet foam insulation to improve energy efficiency. A membrane can be added to prevent water infiltration into the structure that can cause faster breakdown of structural integrity from rot and corrosion.
Location, Location, Location: Local Sourcing of Material
There are two different places where you can gain points from the location of the material. If the material going into the cladding comes from within a certain number of miles, you can gain points for using the material. But where it's manufactured into the end product is also important, with a similar awarding of points for the manufacturing process being within a certain number of miles of where it ends up being used. It's important to take the time to balance the points for local materials versus recycled content or lifespan points.
Over and Over: Recycled Content
Many materials contain a certain amount of recycled content. PVC vinyl siding can be made of almost 100% recycled plastics and can then be recycled into siding down the road in reclamation. Fiber cement siding can include recycled cellulose content, but make sure you can get certification of where the cellulose is coming from, or you may end up losing points over siding that has been transported from around the world. Manufactured stone can include recycled content and can be broken back down for driveways or sidewalks during reclamation.
Dream in Color: How Color can Affect Your Final Efficiency
Did you consider how the color of your exterior cladding and trim can affect your LEED certification points? Using a darker color can help gain heat during the winter, especially if paired with a lighter-colored roof. Why? The sun's angle changes drastically from summer to winter. In the summer, it is overhead, so a light-colored roof will reflect the sun's rays away from the structure, lowering air conditioning costs. Winter's low angle allows it to strike the walls of the structure, where darker tones can absorb the heat and lower heating costs.
By keeping these options in mind when faced with the decision of what cladding to use on your LEED certified structure, you can realize serious gains in points and overall efficiency. If you need more information on what exterior cladding options will work well for your project, please feel free to contact us today for more details. At Wallboard Supply Company, we'd be happy to help you find the perfect exterior option for your structure or order in one that will meet your exact needs.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.