Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you're looking at putting a project together, one of the questions that regularly arises is whether to incorporate wood or metal framing into the structure. There are a number of benefits and drawbacks to each type of framing system, which can affect the initial construction cost, how quickly the structure can be assembled, lifetime costs and building health concerns. In this article, we'll take a comprehensive look at the benefits and drawbacks of each type of framing, situations where one may work better than the other and similar concerns.
Codes and Specs
The first issue with any type of framing system is what your local building codes will approve or not approve. If one type of framing system is just not acceptable, it doesn't matter how great it is to put together. Because metal framing has been in existence for many years, most codes boards will allow its use in some, but perhaps not all, structures.
Another area to consider is the differences between the two systems. Overall, metal framing tends to take up less space when transporting and storing on site, weighs significantly less which in turn causes fewer muscle sprains and strains, does not warp, is relatively easy to fix a mistake and is virtually fireproof. Wood is heavier but can provide a loadbearing structure, provides a solid structure for heaving items such as mirrors or tiles, doesn't transfer much cold through the wall system, uses less expensive fasteners and is a traditional system almost every carpenter has used in the field.
Considerations in Initial Cost and Installation
In general, it takes less time to install a metal framing system than it does to frame in a stick-built structure. Because of the specialty fasteners that are required, the metal system can initially cost more for materials but may make up that difference in labor costs. Metal studs can be cut several at a time on a miter saw, provided that a metal blade is used. The metal studs can also be cut using aviation snips, leaving no sawdust behind and making cleanup easier, but at the same time, requires the use of gloves to prevent potential serious cuts to your crews' hands. In addition, you may need to provide training for your crew so you can ensure that framing around windows, doorways and utility boxes has been done correctly.
Long-Term Aspects to Consider
When you're looking at the long-term benefits, there are a lot of benefits and drawbacks that will depend on your project's particular situation. When it comes to moisture, metal often rusts and corrodes, reducing your wall system's ability to remain structurally solid. By comparison, wood framing will absorb moisture, rot and promote mold growth. Wood-boring insects can create significant structural problems in wood framed structures, but obviously are not a problem to metal framed construction.
Another area to consider is the long- and short-term environmental impacts. Metal can be recycled into new products, while wood can be sustainably produced and acts as a carbon sink while the structure is intact. The transfer of cold through a wall system is much stronger in metal framing structures because metal, by nature, is a conductor of temperature. This means that even with a decent vapor barrier in place, you may still have condensation issues on an exterior wall. It also means you'll have a higher utility bill as the heat is stripped out of the building through the metal studs. Batt insulation can potentially help with this scenario, but metal studs also require special insulation sizes at a full 16" wide, due to the narrower, hollow aspects of the metal studs, and may be difficult to find.
The difference between metal and wood framing can be complicated and often isn't simply a matter of choosing one or the other. By taking this information into consideration when planning your next project, you can help avoid the problems that befall many contractors. If you are considering metal framing for your next project download our metal framing product guide below.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.