Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
If you've every worked a disaster recovery, whether it's a hurricane, bad snow storm or flooding, you're probably already familiar with how badly standard drywall can take on moisture and create serious mold problems. Following the Joplin, Missouri EF-5 mile-wide tornado that wiped out the center of this small Midwestern city, doctors began to notice numerous complaints where wounds suffered from the debris in the tornado actually began growing mold, eventually leading to the death of five additional victims. Though most molds and mildews found on a daily basis aren't quite this serious, they can still cause significant health problems if left unchecked. The best way to keep these problematic fungi from taking over your home and making you sick? Mold-resistant drywall. Here are more details on how this specialty drywall can help keep your home in good order.
What is mold-resistant drywall?
Regular drywall contains some amount of moisture, but not enough to outright cause problems with mold. To reach that point, it needs to get wet, though not very much, for mold to colonize and spread, often through the paper coating. By comparison, mold-resistant drywall is paper-free, to keep mold from having a place it can get a foothold. It also is more resistant to moisture, though it's not fully waterproof, so it soaks up less moisture, making a less habitable environment for mold and mildew.
How does it work?
Regular drywall is manufactured using a gypsum slurry that has had air added to it which is then poured between two pieces of special facing paper, then the entire assembly is passed between rollers to ensure a uniform thickness. It then has the edges formed and sealed before being cut to length and dried. Mold-resistant drywall goes through a very similar process, but without the paper facing on both sides. Without the paper, it's harder for moisture to wick up the board and further into the gypsum in the middle, so mold doesn't really have a place to grab hold. It also absorbs moisture much more slowly than the gypsum portion of standard drywall. Though it's not a completely moisture-proof wallboard, it is much more resistant to moisture than standard drywall.
Does it cost a lot more?
Though it is a little more, moisture-resistant drywall is not especially expensive. You'll pay a few dollars more per sheet as a premium for the mold- and moisture-resistance, but compared to the cost of ripping out the drywall, repairing the wall and refinishing it, the cost is fairly reasonable for areas where moisture may end up being a long-term problem.As a value-added product, it can often be an easy sell to prospective clients as it provides them with additional protection both at the time of construction as well as insurance against problems in the future.
Where should I use it?
Mold-resistant drywall is best used in places where moisture may be a problem, such as in a basement, garage, kitchen or bathroom. Another part of your home to consider are those areas that tends to have cool, moist environments where mold and mildew can thrive and spread. If you have areas where you've noticed condensation forming on the wall surface in the past, it's also an area that's a prime candidate for mold-resistant drywall, though you may also want to consider adding an effective, well-sealed vapor barrier and insulation to help reduce heat transference and condensation.
By keeping these benefits in mind, whether you're building or repairing your own home or taking on a special project for a client, it's much easier to decide when mold-resistant drywall is a better option for your project. Whatever your application, Wallboard Supply Company has the perfect drywall fo0r your job, either on hand or available through our special order service. We've been serving the region for several decades and have significant experience in helping our customers get the perfect product for their project. If you have a need for drywall be sure to download our drywall product guide below.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.