Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you work on a construction site, you expect there to be something in the air. Sawdust, drywall dust, paint fumes: all these things can add up to a huge impact on your respiratory system. How do you take care of your lungs and respiratory system while getting the job done effectively? At Wallboard Supply Company, we're all about supplying what you need, including this brief overview of the OSHA respiratory standard and the related personal protective equipment (PPE) used to protect your lungs and respiratory tract.
The OSHA Respiratory Standard
This part of the OSHA standard covers many different area. It includes a requirement that in areas where there is an expectation of dust, fumes, gases, smoke, spraying or vapors that the area be sealed off if possible. This is commonly achieved using plastic film and tape to secure it. Some construction products are available that make it easier to enter and exit the work area by having a pair of zippers or hook and loop fasteners that can be opened for passage. Ventilation and filtration should be provided to ensure that workers in the area are not being subjected to hazardous conditions.
But above and beyond limiting the spread of the pollutants, OSHA also requires PPE for the workers in those environments, to ensure that they are limiting their exposure to any of the above materials to the respiratory tract. The type of PPE used depends on the hazards present. If it is simple dust or cellulose, a simple mask may be sufficient. If there are fumes from painting or spraying, a respirator or powered air-purifying respirator may be required. In extreme situations where sufficient oxygen is not present to be purified or there are other extremely harmful circumstances, a self-contained breathing apparatus potentially including an environmental suit may be required.
Common Personal Protective Equipment
N- versus R- versus P-: So what's the difference between these masks, beyond the letters? An N-95 mask is not resistant to oil aerosols. This is important because these masks trap particulates through an electrostatic charge, which is broken down with the addition of oil, allowing contaminants in. An R-95 mask is somewhat resistant to oils, while a P-95 mask is virtually oil-proof. If you're using oil-based substances, you'll want to upgrade to a P- grade filter.
Valve or no valve: Many people choose valveless masks because they are more affordable and don't have a chance of letting any air back through the valve. That being said, valve masks are often much more comfortable because condensation doesn't build up, fogging safety glasses and in general are more comfortable to work in.
Mask versus respirator: A mask filters air on the way in, but it doesn't typically give you an air-tight seal. When you're working with many chemicals, you'll want an air-tight seal to ensure you're not breathing in a lot of vapors. Though respirators are more expensive, they're also reusable for many years and full-face masks offer eye protection as well.
Powered air-purifying respirators versus self-contained breathing apparatus: When you're in a serious air-quality situation, you may run into these type of PPE devices. A powered air-purifying respirator uses a fan to push air in the environment through filters and into your mask, reducing the amount of work you have to do to pull the air through the filters. A self-contained breathing apparatus, on the other hand, provides tanked air exactly as a scuba tank would, ensuring high quality air.
Your lungs and respiratory system are a good part of what keep you going on a daily basis, so make sure you're respecting that capability by using appropriate respiratory protection on the job. Do you need to get new equipment or check out the features in the latest trends? At Wallboard Supply Company, we have everything you need to get the job done. Contact us today for more information or come in to one of our seven convenient locations to see what's available.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.