Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Once upon a time, there were three little pigs. Their mom kicked them out of the house because they played in a rock band. The rock band was good, but they were loud and the neighbors complained, so out they went. They tried to build a studio out of straw and twigs but whenever the drum solo came around, the house blew apart. They next built a studio out of brick. Low and behold, it didn’t blow apart when the drummer went wild, but neighbors still leveled noise complaints. There is a quick and easy solution to this problem: QuietRock ES Mold Resistant Drywall.
QuietRock ES Mold Resistant Drywall is a soundproof drywall that provides a noise dampening effect, thus reducing the volume heard externally compared to walls without. You’ll get STC-55 level and up protection actually. No longer must you place noise dampening materials on top of your drywall. Save time, labor, materials, and floor space by using QuietRock ES instead with a single round for installation.
As you might get from the name, QuietRock ES Mold Resistant Drywall doesn’t just provide a quietrock drywall alternative. It is an excellent option for those environments which need to be mold sensitive. As described by ASTM D3273 - 12, the Standard Test Method for Resistance to Growth of Mold on the Surface of Interior Coatings in an Environmental Chamber, QuietRock ES received the highest possible ratings, as tested by an independent lab. While no material is mold proof, QuietRock ES offers increased mold resistance compared to your average drywall.
Not only does QuietRock ES Mold Resistant Drywall offer soundproofing and mold resistance, it provides 1 hour of Type X fire resistance, too. Don’t test this at home but between the mold and fire resistance, that’s when offering the product to hospitals, school, and government buildings makes the most sense.These buildings are constantly being updated, offering many avenues for sales.
Proper installation of QuickRock ES needs to take into account the material of the studs and what is on both sides of the wall. You’re not just placing one wall’s worth up and you’re done. For maximum STC dampening, consider one side with a single QuietRock and the other side with two layers of your standard board. Then, you’re not done yet. Add in QuietSeal Pro and QuietPutty for optimum silencing. The putty you’ll need to apply before the boards go up, to seal off outlets, switches, and the like. The sealant goes on with a caulking gun to fill in any cracks, or after you hang a painting, to maintain optimum soundproofness.
What is this STC rating we talk of?
STC stands for Sound Transmission Class. It is used to rate the effectiveness of material used for noise cancellation. If you want to keep the neighbors happy when you have a shared wall, you want a rating of at least 60, 55 is more common but might have them banging on the wall when you’re too loud. Imagine being the landlord and losing tenants because everyone is too loud. That’s a key time when you want to consider adding QuietRock ES to your next drywalling project. ASTM E 90 defines this STC standard for Sound Transmission Class Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions.
QuietRock ES Mold Resistant Drywall is just one part of the QuickRock product line that contributes to a quiet more comfortable living/working space. Their 510 model is slightly thinner with a ½” thickness, reducing costs a little, but also reducing effectiveness. The ES in QuietRock ES stands for easy score. There is a non mold resistant variety available. Going up in features brings us to the 530 and 530 RF model. They add impact and shear resistance in addition to the noise reduction. The RF variety is special purpose for SCIFs (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility), blocking radio frequencies from penetrating in addition to the sound, fire, and mold protection. The final and highest end model is dubbed 545 and is the perfect alternative for high end media rooms, recording studios, and theatres.
What more can you do to help get optimum sound reduction from the QuietRock drywall?
If you can, don’t hang anything from the soundproof drywall. Any wall penetrations should be sealed (with QuietSeal Pro), but if you can avoid them, all the better. Leave a ¼” gap around the edges of the room and seal/caulk that, too. Lastly, stagger the joints on opposite sides of the wall, minimizing the chance of sound directly penetrating from one side to the other, without being dampened along the way.
Where does that leave our little piggies now? The band is off touring the world doing cover songs like For Those About to Rock, I Wanna Rock, Are You Ready to Rock?, Don’t Knock the Rock, I Like to Rock, and Keep on Rockin’. What more can you ask of a rock band… mom is so proud now.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.