Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you have a commercial building, it can seem as though every little change can impact your overhead costs. As the Department of Energy has realized this, it has made available a wide range of rebate and tax credit initiatives to help reduce the amount of energy used by businesses in their daily operations. The federal Energy Policy Act of 2005 is just such an opportunity, with savings for lower energy lighting, more efficient HVAC and hot water systems and better building envelope systems. Here's more on this initiative and how to take advantage of potential savings in building envelope innovations.
Energy Policy Act of 2005
This federal initiative was originally focused on creating a tax deduction for energy efficient commercial buildings and building systems that were put in place in 2006 to 2007, but it's been extended a number of times in the past decade. But the initiative is now planned to expire on December 31, 2016. This means if you want to take advantage of the potential tax savings, you'll need to act quickly.
The Act was originally developed to provide a $0.60 per square foot savings in three different areas, up to a total tax deduction of $1.80 per square foot available. These energy efficient options include interior lighting options, a more efficient building envelope and HVAC and water heating systems. These upgrades must reduce the energy consumption of the building by at least 50% when it's compared to a similar structure that only meets the minimums as laid out in the ASHRAE standard 90.1-2007.
Individual deductions for each area of $0.60 per square foot can be used if they would provide a reasonable contribution towards building energy savings of 50% or better if the additional systems were also installed. That means that if building envelope upgrades or improvements would significantly decrease the building energy use, it would qualify for the lower deduction without having to install the HVAC, hot water heating and lighting upgrades at the same time, making it a better option for many business owners and contractors. Though these deductions are typically provided to building owners and tenants who make their own construction upgrades, it's also available to those responsible for the system design when the upgrades are made on government properties.
As with many tax deductions, the deduction is claimed the year the construction is completed. The IRS has a number of documents available for the certification process, further rules classifications and guidelines on how to model and inspect the required energy savings. Because this program offers immediate benefits on tax returns, it's a great way to approach business owners who may otherwise be wavering over the cost of building envelope upgrades due to the cost of construction, even if they already appreciate the cost savings they'll see down the road. The limited time frame also provides some amount of leverage to get the job initiated more quickly, as the benefit ends at the end of this year, helping get reluctant business owners and managers into gear to get the job done now instead of continuing to wait for a better option.
Beyond the basic certification processes, the deduction can also be calculated by adding natural ventilation features to reduce heating and cooling costs and envelope improvements to semi conditioned spaces to improve energy efficiency. Inspections are undertaken by engineers and contractors who are able to meet the National Renewable Energy Laboratory guidelines.
Whether your building is new or has been in use for a number of years, taking advantage of the tax benefits of an energy efficient building envelope upgrade provides both immediate benefits from a tax deduction as well as long term benefits from reduced energy costs and overhead. But what approach will work best for your situation? Because Wallboard Supply Company hires associates with experience in the industry, we have the resources available to help you decide which approach to take. Please feel free to contact us today for more details, with any questions or to schedule a delivery to your worksite.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.