Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you need to lower or eliminate sound for a project, there are a few options available. Acoustical foam absorbs any sound, but can degrade over time, making a mess, and is terrible for dust build-up. Adding insulation between interior walls muffles some noise, but the irritating background noise stills come through, just not quite as loudly or clearly. Soundboard is a wallboard product that can be applied to either dampen or eliminate sound, provided that it is properly installed. Here are some more details on soundboard, how it works, its benefits and limitations and how to install it properly:
What is soundboard?
Soundboard is a wallboard-type product that is specifically designed to reduce acoustical transmission of noise and vibrations. It can lower noise transmission if installed on one side of a wall, and if properly installed on both sides of a wall, can virtually eliminate noise transmission. It has been commonly used for music studios, shops with loud equipment and in some industrial settings where noise transmission causes larger problems. It is also becoming more commonly used on interior bedroom walls and in hospitals to help promote high-quality rest and sleep.
How does it work?
Soundboard is available either as a soundproof drywall system or as a separate product typically installed underneath traditional drywall. It achieves sound deadening by increasing space between the origin of the sound and the wall, floor or ceiling's other side, adding mass to the wall and absorbing the sound.
To put this into a real-world perspective, a concert is less noisy if you're across the park instead of directly in front of the stage, a stereo is less noisy as you add layers between it and yourself and the tires on your car absorb some of the road noise to give you a quieter ride. These principles are all used in designing an effective soundproofing system.
How effective is it?
As with any material, the way soundboard is installed makes a tremendous difference in how well it performs. For example, nailing a soundproofing panel to a wall will lower the transmission of noise, but not as effectively as other techniques. Depending on the technique used, you can experience anywhere from a mild dampening of the sound to a near-total deadening worthy of a fine music studio.
How to get the best acoustical performance from your soundboard!
To get the best possible performance from your soundboard, you'll want to look through the literature that is available from the manufacturer, but there are several areas where you can increase the sound dampening and achieve the best possible results:
Stagger your studs from one side of the wall to the other, so that no single stud is touching both wall surfaces. This prevents the studs from transmitting vibrations through the wall.
Add insulation, either fiberglass, sheet foam or cellulose to the wall. This works very well to help absorb the sound between the wall surfaces, especially vibrations that are present in the bottom or top plates that can bounce around between the wall surfaces.
Use adhesive instead of nails, screws or staples to glue the soundboard to the studs. Creating a hardware connection between the stud and the soundboard provides a structure for the vibrations and noise to transmit across.
Use a "room-within-a-room" to create dead space around the room you're constructing. Staggering your studs is one way to achieve this, but you can also build a completely separate secondary stud wall on top of a floating floor system. Resilient clips and track are a great option if you're dealing with a tight space.
Now that you've had the opportunity to learn about acoustical products that lower or eliminate noise transmission, why not take a look at what's available for your project? Our company has been serving the four-state region for over 45 years, and our experienced customer service representative are more than happy to help you with your project.
Contact us today for more information, to get a quote or to schedule a delivery.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.