Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Having a hard time hearing in your office, business or home? You're not alone. Recent studies have found that the noise in most offices lower productivity, create stress and cause health problems. The average noise of a classroom, just a touch above normal conversation at 60 decibels, is loud enough to cause a physiological stress reaction triggering a heart attack. But what can you do about your noisy work environment? One great option is to improve your workplace or home sound environment with better acoustics through a suspended ceiling.
What is a suspended ceiling?
A suspended ceiling, also called a lay-in ceiling, is one installed below the actual ceiling. This provides room for mechanicals such as lighting, HVAC ductwork, computer and communication wiring and hardware and a variety of similar items. In many buildings, it's easy to pick out because of the obvious grid grid showing at the edge of the tiles.. The grid is suspended and holds the tiles in place.
Though many people consider a suspended ceiling and ceiling tiles to be a modern invention, its history goes back to 14th century Japan where they were used for aesthetic reasons and 16th century England, where they were used for acoustic improvement in London's Blackfriers Theater. The modern patent dates to 1919 in the US, with the system developed over several decades to today's version found in a wide variety of structures.
How does it help create better acoustics?
The acoustic panels set into the grid help absorb and deflect sound, cutting down on the background noise of your average home, office or workshop. They often have holes or rough texture to help create a sound-absorbing surface, complete with air pockets and offsets to help reduce sound transmission further.
If your current suspended ceiling simply has ceiling tiles rather than sound-absorbing tiles, all is not lost. There are a wide range of after-market acoustical products, such as sound-reducing batts, acoustic flooring and similar modifications to help muffle sound from other rooms or floors. By studying the range of solutions available, you'll find something that will help with your noise problem.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of acoustic tiles?
Acoustic tiles have many advantages beyond noise reduction, including fire safety, ease of installation and repair, modular construction providing easy modification, low cost and creating an easy-access space for a variety of mechanical and communication systems. They can have possible issues with reduced headroom in spaces that are already short, can stain or sag depending on the material used but are easily and inexpensively repaired or replaced when needed. Some architects and interior designers dislike them because they feel it doesn't allow for use of the building's systems as aesthetic design details.
What are the best products to use to reduce noise?
Though you could use a regular suspended ceiling tile and take advantage of the dead space between the suspended ceiling and the actual ceiling, we recommend using acoustic tiles to get the best possible performance. If you prefer to leave a more open feeling, individual sound-dampening elements can be suspended from the ceiling while leaving the space above open.
Is my structure a good candidate for a suspended ceiling?
Suspended ceilings can be installed in virtually any framing structure, though a few modifications may need to be made. Provided that there is enough structure above the ceiling to support the lightweight tiles and that there is enough structure to anchor the grid to, a suspended ceiling will work very well.
Now that you've had the opportunity to look at the benefits, requirements and possibilities of improved acoustics through a suspended ceiling, why not look at upgrading your space? Whether it's increased productivity in the office, health benefits in the workshop or lower stress at home, improving acoustics will reap real benefits. If you're not sure which system is the best for your space, please contact us. Our experienced technicians have decades of experience helping our customers find the perfect solution to their problem.
Feel free to download the CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide below for a complete breakdown of product details and job applications.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.