Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Drywall has been the leading material used in wall coverings since 1941. Actually, U.S. Gypsum Company (USG) first produced drywall in 1916 prior to world war II.
At first drywall consisted of multi-layers of gypsum and heavy paper compressed together. Later it evolved into one sheet of gypsum covered by layers of heavy paper.
Plaster was the primary wall covering at the time, and drywall considered cheap installation—obviously due to poor communications. Had the public become aware of its advantages at the time, drywall would have evolved into the primary covering much sooner.
Plaster required wood backing over the studs to contain the plaster requiring a great deal more wood and labor. Not only that, but plaster contained a significant amount of water which required extensive drying time—not to mention the labor required to install and level.
The war’s drain on the economy and labor force brought drywall into the spotlight as the least expensive material which installed quickly with the least amount of labor.
Once the dog was loose he began to hunt quickly and before long-- its advantages fully realized--drywall dominated the scene, not only in the U.S. but internationally as well.
Gypsum is a mineral mined for its properties. In its original form it contains significant amounts of water, but in a crystalline form. This is advantageous in the event of fire. The crystalline water converts to steam cooling the panel’s surface and serves as a fire break.
Raw gypsum gets mixed with emulsifiers, wood pulp and starches and compressed. This combination is then covered with thick manila paper.
The now prepared sheet is heavy with water in its purest form. A 500-degree oven finalizes the process by ridding the sheet of water. The drywall sheets are offered in the most popular 4X8, 4X10 and 4X12 sizes from 3/8-inch through ¾-inch thickness.
The story doesn’t end there, a myriad of diverse chemicals and emulsifiers can be added to create panels for a wide range of different purposes such as mold, impact resistance and additional resistance to fire.
Types of Wallboard
Regular non-rated architectural
Fire-rated or type (X or Perlite) fire resistant strands added
Impact resistant for high use areas
Moisture resistant (green board) water resistant paper added for use in bathrooms and kitchen
Soundboard (quiet rock) viscoelastic polymers added which convert sound to heat which is not audible.
Lead lined drywall for protection from overexposure to X-rays used in hospitals.
Flexible drywall in ¼-inch sheets capable of bending when wetted down to form curves or arches.
Blue board used where a top decorative coating is to be applied. It has a green adhesive on the surface for better adhesion of the decorative surface.
Advantages of Using Wallboard
All new construction will experience a certain amount of warping in the walls as the new studs cure or the home settles.
John and Ryan of New England’s Wallboard Supply Company (1) http://www.wallboardsupplyco.com, suggest making a worksheet before ordering your wallboard. This insures the proper wallboard properties are incorporated in each application.
This will reduce your cost and keep you in code while minimizing waste.
Measure your walls, ceiling (length X width), divide by 32 (size of wallboard sheets), and add 20-percent for waste to arrive at the number needed. Keep in mind that the ceiling will be a thinner sheet than the walls.
Count your outside corners in hallways, entrances to bathroom and so on. These require end caps.
If there is more than one story inform your supplier.
Make a note of walls or ceilings getting decorative coatings.
When you order your supplies at Wallboard Supply Company, give the list to the sales rep. He is dedicated to keeping your cost down and will determine the exact number and type of panels needed.
At the same time he will set you up with all the necessary wallboard installation materials and tools needed for a trouble-free and successful installation.
As a reminder, Wallboard Supply Company also supplies building lumber, windows, roof coverings, ceilings, fasteners and siding to name a few.
When your ready to build or remodel, give our representative a call at any of our five locations throughout New England.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.