Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
When you're building a new deck or patio, it's easy to get stuck trying to figure out the best materials to use. Cedar, pressurized or composite decking? Piers or posts? But one of the most confusing areas is selecting what deck screw or fastener will provide the best strength and durability for your project. After all, the fasteners are what holds the entire project together and can be a common point of failure if the proper one is not selected. Let's take a look at the different deck screws available so you can make the right choice when it's time to put the whole thing together.
First, let's look at the basics of deck screws. You want to typically use a screw instead of a nail because it doesn't work loose nearly as easily as a nail does. By holding your deck material in place, a screw can help reduce warping, which a nail will simply pull out. If you're using PVC decking, you should stick to a stainless steel screw, but be aware that much like those shiny stainless steel appliances, they're a bit more expensive and will create a grid of shiny dots on your deck unless you get the painted variety or are willing to paint them after installation. Wood decking tends to do better with a coated screw, which is less expensive. Many non-stainless deck screws now come with a lifetime warranty, giving you peace of mind for the future.
Don't go the cheap route and use drywall screws. Not only are they intended for indoor use, they also will stain your deck as they corrode, leaving unsightly marks on your relaxation zone. Though it may be tempting to pick up plain #2 Phillips drive screws, they can be very aggravating when you need to drive or remove them, often stripping out. Square- or torx-driven screws drive faster and easier and don't strip out when you need them most. If you're using pressure-treated wood for your frame, plan on either pre-drilling your holes or using an impact driver to get the best results.
Scorpion Deck Screws
Click image to view gallery.
Scorpion is known for its proprietary draw tight shank. This feature pulls lumber together tightly, giving you a tougher, longer-lasting deck. The self-cutting point helps avoid splits while self-drilling and each box has a free square bit, saving you from the additional cost of buying one and facilitating easier driving.
Scorpion Products also offers a top-of-the-line high-quality stainless steel deck screw that come with pre-painted heads. Their coated screws use their proprietary Nanoguard finish that works well with treated lumber.
Grabber Deck Screws
Click image to view gallery.
Grabber brand deck screws are another exceptional brand. If you're determined to use a Phillips head, Grabber Gard coated screws are a good option to consider and are one of the more popular fasteners for decking and other jobs involving pressure treated wood. The company's stainless screws remain a very popular option if you're using composite decking and feature a proprietary lock-in square drive head and a unique reverse spiral pattern that keeps the boards in your deck locked solidly into place. The stainless steel screws also include the bit needed to drive them in each box.
Grip–Rite Galvanized Nails
Click image to view gallery.
If you are absolutely determined to use nails in your project, Grip-Rite has galvanized common fastener in 1 pound, 5 pound, and bulk boxes. Their 8 penny nails work well for fastening decking while their 16 penny nails work well for deck framing. Keep in mind that your deck will see irregular shifting loads and that nails are much more likely to work loose than screws are, so you'll need to budget in some time to re-drive the nails when they come loose and may even need to consider repairing nail holes when they become too loose by adding an appropriately-sized piece of wooden dowel and exterior-grade wood glue.
Click image to view gallery.
Though this is more in the area of trim carpentry, today's fanciful decks require trim nails that will hold the line. GRK has fasteners and trim screws in multiple colors, with its Climatek Coated products approved for use with treated wood.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.