Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Construction workers might be forced by winter weather to wear warmer clothing, but that does not mean the work can slow down. Buildings still need to be completed, no matter what the outside temperature might be. To keep your employees safe, however, you will want to prepare your construction site and your crew for the upcoming cold and ice. This can help prevent accidents and ensure that the site avoids any citations for safety violations and everyone will be able to work work as productively as possible for the conditions.
Successful winter planning requires being equipped and prepared for whatever the season might bring. You should have designated members of the crew be in charge of checking regularly for updates on the weather conditions. Without this basic step, it is too easy for there to be miscommunication or for people to neglect checking the forecast and having the team be caught unaware. If the temperatures are expected to drop into the extreme cold, it is important to take proper safety precautions, which might include postponing the day’s work. If storms are anticipated during the day, verify that you have a way to communicate with your entire team.
You should also plan your long term and short term schedules around the weather. Try to get as much outdoor work completed in the warmer months, including regularly scheduled maintenance. Once in winter, if your team does not have to be exposed to the elements the entire day, try to schedule any outdoor tasks for the warmest part of the day.
It is also important to be prepared with materials. The site should have ample floor mats and ‘slippery surface’ signs so that areas that are particularly hazardous can be marked and avoided.
Before the first snowflake falls, you should also have a concrete plan about what the role of each member of the team will be should there be a storm. This will include the schedule of who will be responsible for snow removal, de-icing, and warming up machines so they can be safely used.
Employees should understand how to act safely no matter what the temperature might be. This means explaining how areas such as scaffolds tend to ice over before road surfaces and might not be safe to be used. OSHA says that scaffolds should never be used when there is ice, snow, high winds, or other slippery materials.
Issues such as hydration should also be discussed. Although most people recognize the importance of drinking ample water when the weather is hot, it is also important when it becomes cold. You should ensure that there is water made available to your workers throughout the day and encourage them to regularly have something to drink. Offering employees warm liquids (not including alcohol) during their break times can be an excellent way to help them warm up and remain hydrated.
Employees should also be educated about how to recognize the symptoms of cold related injuries. They should be encouraged to monitor themselves and their coworkers to ensure that they remain safe throughout their shifts. They should also know what to do if a delivery, such as specialty drywall, arrives and where to store it to ensure it will not be damaged by the elements.
Make sure everyone has the right equipment
To keep your employees morale up and ensure that they can work properly in the cold weather, you may need to provide them with the proper winter materials. OSHA recommends that in cold weather workers wear at least three layers of loose fitting clothing, which will provide better insulation and be removable should the person become warm. The top layer should protect against wind and rain for added comfort. Employers should also have knit masks, warm hats, water resistant gloves, and slip proof, insulated boots depending upon what is necessary in your respective conditions.
When winter arrives, it can make work significantly more difficult and dangerous, but that does not mean the deadlines stop. Understanding how to properly winterize your team and your worksite can help ensure that you keep everyone safe and productive so that you can continue moving forward.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.