Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
Putting up a new construction in a high-crime neighborhood often calls for specialty drywall, and if the business you're helping to build will eventually house money, pharmaceuticals or inmates, there's a good chance you'll be working with bullet-resistant panels.
What's in a Name?
Keeping in mind that bullet resistant and bullet proof are not the same, Underwriter's Laboratory rates bullet resistant materials on a scale of one to eight. Level 8 is the toughest, most difficult material to penetrate--created with the intention of halting rifle cartridges. Depending upon the type of construction you're building, you'll want to keep the ratings in mind. Most banks, check-cashing facilities and 24-hour convenience stores use levels 1 to 3.
Level 1: Effective at stopping a 9mm
Level 2: Effective at stopping a .357 Magnum
Level 3: Effective at stopping a .44 Magnum
Level 4: Effective at stopping a .30 caliber rifle
Steel or Fiberglass?
As far as panels go, there are two main materials that can stand up to the force of a bullet without the addition of concrete. One is fiberglass composite; the other is steel. To erect a bullet resistant wall, the builder typically attaches these panels to the studs and then layers regular drywall on top. To anyone observing the room, it's impossible to note the added layer of protection.
As far as advantages and disadvantages, each material comes with its own set:
Steel panels typically cost less, but they weigh much more. They're a little more difficult to maneuver, due to weight. They must be special-ordered cut-to-size and pre-drilled, as well.
Fiberglass panels weigh about half as much as their steel counterparts. They're easier to work with and can be cut and drilled on-site. You can apply them with simple self-tapping drywall screws, or even adhesive. But because they're more convenient to install, they're also more expensive.
Easy to Install?
While working with bullet resistant panels isn't difficult, it does pose its own unique challenges. Keep the following tips in mind if it's your first time installing this material.
Fiberglass panels require the use of recommended PPE in the form of:
Dust/Particle Mask or Respirator
In addition, proper ventilation is required to minimize worker exposure to particles and dust. Fans that blow debris away from the person cutting the panels and a vacuum system for collecting debris are vital. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheets for your particular panels before installation.
Cutting and drilling these panels require the use of special blades and bits. To cut fiberglass composite, you'll need a diamond-grit blade, and pre-drilling holes on thicker panels requires a cobalt or carbide bit. This type of panel can also be installed using a simple industrial-grade adhesive.
Installing steel panels is a whole different ballgame. Because steel is so much heavier, it can't be installed on the same type of studding as fiberglass. It also can't be cut or drilled on-site. This means taking precise measurements for height and width as well as placement of every drill hole, for the work to be done at the factory and shipped to the job site. And woe to the person who takes even one imprecise measurement.
Using steel in your project will save you money up front on the cost of the panels themselves, but once you factor in the additional crew needed to install it, the cost of having it specially cut and drilled, and the cost of using heavy-duty, reinforced studding, it's usually cheaper and easier to go with fiberglass composite.
Installing bullet resistant drywall may sound imposing, but once you've worked with this material one time, you'll see it's deceptively simple to install. The main takeaways include having the right tools on hand to work with the material easily and safely, and knowing which type best fits your project.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.