Enter to win! Every so often we like to give stuff away and a prize will be given to a random entry filled out using this form. It doesn’t matter if you have won before or not, because your entry can win for every prize! Your information will remain in the drawing. GOOD LUCK!
View Terms & Conditions
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. **MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaways are open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations), Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec), and Australia (excluding residents of the State of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of January, 1, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Giveaway Period (as defined below) and subsequent prize-award period (as defined below). All employees of the Promoter, the Sponsor, and of all associated agencies and their respective affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Promoter and Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the "Giveaway Period"). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Submit a comment to Giveaway post during Giveaway Period. Comments must be relevant, appropriate, and substantive relative to the blog topic at hand, as determined by Style Me Pretty in its sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Grand Prize and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($499.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Request a Quote, Order Materials, or Ask a Question.
With five locations throughout New England and our fleet of delivery vehicles, including our 110 ft boom truck, we can reach almost anywhere your jobs bring you. Fill out this form and someone will reach out to verify your order, give you an estimate, or simply answer any questions you may have.
With our society's focus on improving energy efficiency and sustainable living, there has been increasing interest in green construction techniques and design. One option that many builders and developers have gained interest in are zero energy buildings. Designed to produce no overall energy usage from the building, these designs are extremely efficient while producing their own energy through renewable methods on site. Here's the basics of how these structures work:
1. Reduce Energy Load as Much as Possible
The first half of the design approach is focused on reducing the building's energy load as much as possible. This includes super-insulating the structure, using building design that minimizes thermal transference, using natural and low-energy lighting as much as possible and incorporating elements of solar heating and cooling into the design. With the development of new materials and new technologies to help improve building material efficiency, this provides a large amount of the energy savings necessary to create a zero energy building envelope.
But beyond the structure, the designer will also need to take into account the best energy-saving appliances and mechanical systems to ensure it's drawing as little energy as possible while under operation. For that matter, lighting, HVAC, plumbing and similar systems will also need to be run using peak efficiency while the building is under operation, potentially harnessing geothermal heating in the winter or air source heat pumps for cooling in the summer. Creating a design that uses higher gauge electrical wiring may be another option as it helps reduce transmission losses within the building itself. The design should also promote changes in behavior for the building's occupants, such as taking the stairs through a beautiful greenhouse or arboretum instead of using the elevator or features that encourage working during the daylight hours to minimize after-hours lighting and HVAC use.
2. Add Renewable Energy Generating Equipment for the Difference
Though many designers can reach very impressive levels of efficiency, there will always be a need for additional energy as the building is occupied and used on a daily basis. For zero energy buildings, this is typically achieved by adding renewable energy assets, such as solar panels, hydroelectric power or wind turbines. Because the building is designed to minimize energy use, it will require a much smaller array of renewable energy assets compared to conventionally constructed buildings that are not as efficient. However, planning for electrical usage also needs to include the energy used to run office machinery, computers, telephone systems and similar components of the average office or commercial building. By encouraging the use of more energy-efficient machinery, this step is easily obtainable by understanding the tenant's or owner's needs during the design process.
However, this does not mean that the building must always balance the energy needs perfectly. A zero energy building, by definition, is one that uses no additional energy beyond what it produces over the course of a year. Even if a building uses extra energy from the grid for heating in January, the additional power it generates and feeds back into the grid in April and August offset the difference, so the building reaches a neutral energy consumption rate on the average for the year. So if you design an office building that requires outside energy from the grid for part of the year but produces and delivers excess energy back to the grid for part of the year and the amount you sold back to the grid during times of excess production is higher than the amount you purchased from the grid during times of shortage in production, your building would be considered a net zero building.
Zero energy buildings require comparatively complex design than conventional buildings, but the serious savings that can be recognized are often well worth the extra trouble. If you're considering a zero energy building project and need help finding the perfect materials for it, please feel free to contact us today. Our experienced associates are happy to help you find the perfect fit for your new project.
Wallboard Supply Company is a third generation, family run business that has been serving New England's building needs since 1970. Bob Filion started the company with a commitment to provide quality drywall and finishing products with unmatched customer service. The company has grown over the years, expanding its' product range, but never wavering from its' core values.
- FREE DOWNLOAD -
CertainTeed Product Guide
The CertainTeed Acoustical Ceiling Product Guide is perfect for engineers and contractors who need all the details including: product applications, attributes, and more.